Chapter Four: Sharing Time

"Alexandria!" My dad exclaimed. I turned to him.

"What? I'm just being honest!" I raised my hands in defense. Michelle looked completely shocked. Jordan and Price looked at each other concerned, hold the pan full of garlic bread. Andrew stopped mid scoop of eating his noodles to listen in on what we were suddenly speaking about.

"No more of this nonsense!" My dad growled. Michelle smirked at me wickedly, making blood began boil. I stood up swiftly, my chair scarping against the ground, then replied darkly,

"You know what, I'm not hungry." With that, I stormed off and ran up the stairs. When I slammed my door behind me, I decided I needed to cool down before I threw a chair at Michelle. I yanked open my window and made my way onto my roof, my usual calm down place. Instantly I was hit with a cold gust of wind, cooling my raging nerves almost instantly. As I sat down on the hard roof, I sighed. He's always treating her like a princess. Whenever he's home he's around her. He doesn't even pay attention to me anymore because of her. I wrapped my arms around my knees, pulling them up to my chin.

Suddenly, a hand rested on my shoulder. I jumped in surprise, and quickly turned around to see the boys. That was quick.

"Are you okay?" Price asked, his gaze was soft and worried.

"Who said you were allowed in my room?!" I got to my feet, defensively.

"Well, your dad kinda gave us permission." Maxwell shrugged, Evan nodding next to him. How I could tell them apart, the world may never know. Of course he did, I let out a long sigh and sat back down, Andrew plopping down next to me. Soon enough, everyone else followed.

"So, you don't really like your step mom do you?" Andrew asked, looking at me.

"Nooooo, is it that obvious?" I said sarcastically.

"Okay then. What happened to your actual mom?" The question took me by surprise

"Andrew!" Jordan snapped harshly, aware of how personal that was.

"What? It's just a question!" Andrew exclaimed quietly. My mind went blank. My mom... That was a touchy subject.

"N-no, it's fine." I finally said, bring my knees up to my chest again. Jordan sat to my right, and leaned on his elbows. "S-She died in a fire." I managed to say, feeling my eyes burn. No, I thought. I'm not going to cry in front of these guys. A suddenly gust of wind hit me like a brick wall, causing me to shiver. Again with the jacket, I mentally yelled at myself. Something landed on my shoulders and I looked to see what it was. Andrew's jacket? I turned to see Andrew jacket less, his cheeks turning a light pink.

"Y-you looked like you were cold." He huffed. I saw Maxwell smile and pat his back.

"Dude, your blushing." He laughed.

"I am not!" I laughed as Andrew tried to defend himself. "Whatever." Andrew mumbled. Evan sighed and rested his head on his hands while he laid on his stomach.

"So?"

"So what?" Price asked, looking over at Evan.

"Are we gonna play 20 questions now?" Evan smirked.

"I don't care." I shrugged my shoulders. Jordan shifted uncomfortably and cleared his throat quietly. I felt a smile form on my lips. "So Jordan? Are you always an asshole, or just only to me?" Everyone laughed. Jordan laughed dryly.

"Why? Can't handle me?" He asked. Price choked on air and laughed out loud.

"Ask a realistic question." Price laughed. I thought back to earlier. A memory slowly flooded back to me and a chill went up my spine.