Chapter Eleven: Midnight Breeze

That night, I decided I needed some air. So, when everyone was fast asleep, I snuck outside. Knowing that Xavier was out there looking for me, I stayed out back. I walked to the large oak tree and sat underneath it's branches. God it felt nice to get out of that house. The wind shook the oak's leaves, causing a few to free fall to the ground.

It was quiet and calming. Only if it could stay like this, I thought. I sighed and looked closely at the sky above me. The bright full moon, stars, clouds, a few bats. Then, a familiar voice startled me.

"What are you doing out here?" I turned to were the voice had come from but saw nothing but the shadow of the tree. The voice was Jordan's, but I couldn't see him anywhere.

"J-Jordan? Where are you?" I asked, feeling a little panicked. He slipped out of the shadow of the oak tree and looked at me concerned. He wore a blue grey shirt with a dark pair of jeans. Does this boy ever change into pajamas?

"Why are you out here? It's late."

"I-I thought you were asleep.... how the Hell did you get out here without me seeing or hearing you?" My voice shook. Jordan shrugged and walked over to me and then sat down.

"Shadow travelled." He said flatly, looking off in the distance. I looked at him dumbfounded.

"Shadow travelled? What the Hell is that?" Jordan sighed and tossed a broken twig to the side.

"It's when you travel through the shadows. Kinda obvious Alexandria." He chuckled. Its been a while since I've been called "Alexandria".

"Oh... how do you do it?" I asked, looking at Jordan.

"Shadow travel? Easy. You just step into a shadow and imagine where you wanna be. After that, you just walk ." He explained.

"You just walk." I mimicked as Jordan laughed quietly. "Maybe after we get back from England you can teach me how to do that." I joked.

"Yeah." We chuckled quietly before returning to an awkward silence. "H-hey... I know I wasn't the friendliest person when we first met. S-so I'm sorry about that."

"Huh?" I looked at him confused. Jordan looked down at his hands as he blushed slightly.

"I'm sorry I was a dickhead when we first met." Jordan said again. I examined his lip rings. One on either side of his lip. What were those called again? Canine bites? No. Snake bites? Yeah, that seems about right... I was lost in my thoughts when Jordan poked my side. I squealed and then jumped, causing me to fall over.

Jordan burst out laughing as I laid there on old dead leaves and dirt.

"Okay, this means war." I pulled myself upright and tackled Jordan. Not literally, it was like trying to tackle a brick wall. I jabbed at his side's, hoping for an reaction. Jordan flinched and then reached for my sides. "N-no!" I laughed, quickly moving away from his hand. I grabbed his hand and tried to push it away, but Jordan was A LOT stronger then me. With a gently push I landed half way on him.

I reached again for his side, but he shifted his weight and was suddenly on top of me. Jordan was holding me by my wrist, preventing me from grabbing at his side's. I felt myself begin to blush.

"C-cheater!" I huffed. We were both taking deep breathes from laughing and tackling each other.

"It's not called cheating, its called using your strength." Jordan corrected, his chest rising and falling gracefully. Then it hit me again. Jordan was on top of me... I began to frantically wiggle around, praying I could get out from under him. "Tsk tsk, Alexandria. Shouldn't of messed with me." Jordan joked.

I give up, I thought. I looked Jordan in the eyes and stuck,my tongue out at him.

"I'll bite it off." Jordan threatened. Instantly my tongue shot back into my mouth. After a moment of staring at each other Jordan sighed. "A-Alex?"

"Yeah?" Jordan looked away from me, his back hair swaying from his movement.

"C-Can I do something?" My heart skipped a beat. Why does it have to be a cute boy to ask me this question? God, are you trying to give me a heart attack? Jordan looked back at me, biting one of his lip rings nervously.

"Umm... s-sure... I guess." And with that, Jordan kissed me. My stomach began to fill with violent butterflies. I didn't know what to do, so I decided to kiss him back. Jordan let my wrist go and slid his hands to my waist. God, what am I doing? Unfortunately, God didn't have the answer.

Jordan pulled away, his copper red eyes meeting mine. He was blushing and by the way my face felt, I was too.

"So umm... are you just gonna be on top of me all night or?" I asked.

"Oh-. Yeah. Sorry about that." He removed his hands from my waist and got to his feet. Jordan held out a hand and I gladly accepted it. "We should ah-. We should be getting back inside." Jordan said, trying not to smile. .

"Y-yeah... that sounds like a great idea." I brushed off dead grass from my shirt and pajama shorts. On our way back to the house, we were silent. Occasionally we'd accidentally bump shoulders and I'd feel my heart trying to do laps around my lungs.

When we were walking up the stairs to his room, I felt awkward. We had just kissed... and I was sleeping in his bed right after we just kissed. As we entered the room, I tugged at th bottom of my shirt awkwardly.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make things awkward." Jordan looked down at his feet as if he was a child being yelled at.

"N-no, it's not that. Its just... were gonna be sharing the same bed just after... w-we k-kissed." I stuttered out. I sat on his bed and rubbed my arm slowly. It was a bad habit, but it seemed to help me calm down.

"Yeah... I'm sorry..." Jordan said again.

"Stop apologizing. You didn't do anything wrong." I said without stuttering. He plopped down on his bed and sprawled out on the covers. We sat in awkward silence for a bit, then I laid down on the other side of the bed. "I-I'm just gonna go to sleep. See you in the morning." I said quietly.

"See you in the morning....." Jordan said, almost a whisper. Not matter how much stuff was running through my head, my brain decided to let me sleep. Right before my eyes drifted closed, I felt Jordan scoot a little closer to me. It brought a tired smile onto my face.

-DeathQuake

Hey guys, it's a short chapter but it took me like three days to figure out what I was gonna do in the chapter. Anyways, thanks for read and I just checked how many peeps have viewed my story. And might I say, HOLY SHIT. I did not think it would get to over 500 views! Thanks again guys!
Until the next chapter!

(P.S. I'm making a new story, I should be posting the first chapter soon. Its called Wicked, yeah I know. Such a boring name. Fight me about it.)     :)