Chapter Ten: I Experience Bloodlust

The next few days, I didn't do anything. I stayed in Jordan's room and cried. I refused to eat, go downstairs, or talk to anyone. My mother and father were dead. Killed by the same man and I couldn't do anything about it.

I laid there now, on Jordan's bed staring at the ceiling. I was trying to make out faces in the cracks. My loose shirt just barely revealed my pale shoulder. I was tempted to cover it, but then there was a knock on the door.

"Yeah?" I asked, looking to see who it was. The door cracked open and Andrew's head peeked inside.

"Hey... were having lunch... just wondering if you wanted some?" His voice was gentle and caring, causing my heart to ache. I didn't deserve this kindness. I let my parents die.

"N-no thank you." I replied, looking back to the ceiling.

"Alex, You haven't eaten in a few days. You need something in your stomach-."

"I-I'm fine. Really." My eyes turned back to Andrew as I managed a weak smile. I knew he could see right through my lie, but he let it be.

"Okay, if you want something just call one of us." Andrew said quietly, closing the door. I sighed and felt my eyes burning. Stop it. Stop doing this to yourself, you couldn't of saved them. I told myself before my breathing went out of control. I took a deep breathe and sat up. As I did a wave of pain engulfed me.

Instantly, I laid back down, but the pain stayed. It felt like I was being torn into tiny pieces. What the Hell?! My mind raced, trying to figure out an explanation. Then my gums ached and something shot from them. With a weak trembling hand, I felt my teeth. Oh my God. I had fangs. Large, pointy little fuckers. As I ran my pointer finger over one, I felt blood spill into my mouth. I pulled my finger away in disbelief. Quickly, I shut my mouth and covered it with my hand. My stomach growled in hunger and the pain intensified. The blood tasted metallic and disgusting, probably because it was my own blood. Wait, is this counted as cannibalism?

I tried to get out of bed but, my legs buckled under me. Ow... I couldn't speak, my throat was dry and sore. What's happening to me? My stomach growled again and my vision slurred. I needed to get someone, I thought. I failed miserably at trying to pull my body over to the door and instead curled into a fetal position and held my stomach. God I felt like I was starving. But not for your average Happy Meal, but for blood. As disgusting as it sounds, it was the only thing that ran through my head.

Soon enough, the pain was too much and I slammed my fist into the floor. Surprisingly, my fist went into the floor, leaving a large hole. Dammit, add that to my bill of fuck ups. Then a name went through my head. Jordan. My stomach growled again, only this time much more louder. Seriously?! At a time like this stomach, you find Jordan yummy?

That's when I heard the door open. Shit!

"Yeah? You called me?" It was Jordan. He was wearing a striped shirt with a broken heart in the middle, bleeding blood. First off, where does he get his clothes? I needs to fin out and got there. Second, how did he hear me? I didn't even speak?! His eyes widened as he saw me. "Hey, what's wrong?" Immediately he was at my side. I felt my fangs stabbing my gums as I kept my hand clamped over my mouth. "What is it?" Jordan asked, picking me up in my fetal position.

I shook my head as my stomach growled again.

"Why are you covering your mouth?" Jordan placed me on the bed and raised a confused eyebrow. I shook my head again and somehow crawled away form him. My fangs jabbed my gum again, and I cried out in pain. Jordan's eyes went wide in realization. "Y-your turning..." FUCK. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED. My stomach growled fiercely and Jordan noticed. "And your hungry... great. I don't think there's any nearby blood banks..." Jordan sighed and looked at the door.