Chapter Fourteen: Disapprove or Approve?

As we piled out of the Jeep, I became very nervous. My knees felt weak as the the hooded figures dark unknowing eyes stared at me intensely. Jordan grabbed my hand and squeezed it slightly, reassuring me that he'd have my back. Okay, I never thought it would be this creepy and awkward to meeting the Council.

"Alex... try to stay calm." Jordan said, falling into pace with me. I took deep breathes, forcing the panic that rose inside me back down.

"Pfft, easy for you to say." I replied quietly. As we slowly came to a stop in front of the Council, I scooted closer to Jordan. It was silent for a moment, the Council's hidden eyes examining me slowly.

"Are you Alexandria Creed?" One of them said, the voice obviously female. I tried to speak, but my throat was rough and dry. Jordan's hand tightened around mine.

"Y-yes." I tried to say proudly. Price, Andrew, and the twins, stood next to me. It made me seem almost safe from the Council members. The hooded figures pulled their hoods down, revealing their faces. Only two woman were in the group, and three men. They looked surprisingly young, maybe in their late 30s or 40s. Only one of them looked strikingly familiar. It was one of the men. Jet black hair that fell to his shoulders, and dark copper red eyes. A terrible chill went up my spine as I saw Jordan tense.

"Son." The man said. WHAT. Jordan looked away as Price stepped forward.

"Lets go inside were we can discuss Alexandria." Price said. I felt myself shaking as the Council nodded. They walked towards large oak doors, leading everyone with them besides me and Jordan.

"Alex... That was my father if your wondering." Jordan said, hated spilling off the word father. It scares the Hell out of me. I only nodded, too shocked to speak. "Come on." Jordan tugged me towards the door. As we entered a torch lit hall, I heard the doors slam behind me. The place looked like a dungeon. That was Jordan's dad... It's obvious Jordan doesn't exactly like his father. I could tell that this wasn't going to end so great.

___________
______________

We sat at a large wooden table, every Council eye was on me. Especially Jordan's father. Jordan sat to my right, Price to my left. The twins sat next to Jordan, Andrew next to Price. It was an awkward situation, but I had to sit there. It was hard for me to sit still, so this was going to be impossible.

Jordan's father cleared his throat.

"Since we are all here, let us introduce ourselves. I'm Gabriel Brighton the third." His voice was deep and smooth. Jordan Brighton? That's a pretty cool last name, I thought as a woman with bright white sliver hair straightened herself.

"Ivory Woods." She said calmly. Her eyes were an electric blue color. Her skin was a light brown, and dark swirls danced across her skin. Then, a man began to speak.

"Calum Fitcher." He was a short chunky man with orange curly hair and light hazel eyes.

"MaryJane Dutch." My eyes went to a woman with brown dark brown curly hair. Her eye's had no color. Literally. They were entirely black. She was pale. I mean paler then me. I bit my lip nervously as I looked at the last unknown man.

"Victor Graveson." He had dark skin and short dark brown hair. His eyes we're as gold as gold gets. He gave off a weird vibe. I shifted in my seat uncomfortably.

"Lets discuss that matter at hand now." Gabriel said, catching everyone's attention. I didn't like the fact I was being counted as a "matter", not like I'd done anything wrong. I couldn't even walk across the street when the light said stop without feeling guilty. "Alexandria Creed?" I nervously looked at Gabriel. Her raised a suspicious eyebrow, just like what Jordan does.