Chapter Thirty-One: Poor Shy Me

I raced down the now lit hallway as I heard Maxwell and Evan calling my name.

"Alex? Where are you?" Evan's voice asked playfully. I ran towards the kitchen where I could hear the clanking of pans. Shit! I thought as I dodged men and woman wearing white uniforms and searing hot dishes. I almost ran into a woman holding a pot full of boiling water.

"S-Sorry!" I exclaimed.

"Your fine your Majesty." The female chef bowed gracefully just as I felt someone yank me backwards.

"Gotcha!" Maxwell laughed as he and his brother dragged me out of the kitchen and into the throne room.

"N-No!" I cried. I felt the collar of my shirt move then something freezing cold slip down my back. "C-COLD!" The twins let me go as I frantically tried to get the ice out of my shirt.

"This is priceless!" Maxwell laughed. Evan was wiping tears from his eyes and leaned against his brother. I finally managed to get the ice cube out of my shirt, and turned to glare at the twins.

"You guys are mean!" I scowled them both. They only laughed even more. I was about to start protesting when Jordan walked out of the kitchen with food. When he looked at me and the twins, he raised a dark, confused eyebrow at us.

"What are you doing?" Jordan asked, sitting down on the throne.

"They put ice down my shirt!" The twins snickered and looked at Jordan innocently.

"Pfft, sure." Evan said smugly.

"We wouldn't do that." Maxwell smirked. My jaw dropped and I pointed to the melting ice on the ground.

"WHAT DO YOU CALL THAT!" I exclaimed. I started to chase after them when someone wrapped an arm around my waist.

"Tsk, Tsk. No running." I looked back to see Severn smiling. Instantly, I stomped on his foot. His arm dropped and his face filled with pain. "OW!" I smiled and started to chase the twins again but this time I was stopped by Jordan.

"Alex, they're not worth it." Jordan chuckled, a fork hanging out of his mouth. I huffed and turned back around to see Price standing next to Severn. Honestly, the resemblance was startling.

"Alex, what did you do?" Price looked at me with a bright smile. I shrugged and turned back to Jordan.

"What's in the bowl?" I stepped on my tip-toes to try and see what he was eating. Jordan jabbed at what was in the bowl and brought it to his lips.

"Strawberries." My stomach growled as he moved away from me and down the hall.

"Can I have one?"

"No. They're my strawberries." Jordan smirked as we walked. I decided to play the childish card.

"Jordannnnnnn." I whined. I jumped to look into his bowl again and my stomach growled again.

"I said no." He replied, stopping in front of our door.

"But you love me right?" I asked playfully. Jordan's coppery red eyes stared at me as he blushed. I smiled when he sighed in defeat.

"F-Fine." He mumbled as he jabbed at a strawberry and handed his fork to me.

"Yes!" I cheered and ate the berry happily.

"Your so childish." Jordan laughed as he pushed our door open. I nodded in agreement and followed him inside.

"Yeah, but you love it." I replied sarcastically. Jordan shrugged and finished his strawberries in silence. I threw myself onto the huge bed and stared at the ceiling. Tomorrow I had to talk to the Council about what happened, and I was nowhere near prepared to face them. I was basically a nervous train wreck. All of my playfulness left when I started to think about the next day. I wasn't going to dress up fancy, that's for sure. I had to watch my mouth now, which I'm not going to promise anything. I also had to talk to Gabriel... Ugh, he might be Jordan's dad but I honestly really despise his guts.