Chapter Six: I Almost Get Hit by a Car

I was walking down the street, my ear buds in my ears blaring Beartooth. Normally, the boys would walk me back and forth to school, but today I decided to clear my thoughts. So many questions roamed my head. What's up with Jordan? Why is everyone acting so weird? Why haven't they answered and of my questions? The thoughts were frustrating. As I made it to the corner, I looked left then right. When I saw no traffic, I proceeded to walk. What can I say? Public safety is a big deal!

Suddenly, a black SUV zoomed in front of me, making me yelp and jump backwards. The SUV came to a sudden stop, and hit it in reverse. When the vehicle stopped in front of me, I glared at the black tinted windows.

"What the fuck!" I exclaimed, yanking my ear buds from my ears. The window slowly rolled down and a old man stared at me. He looked like you could blow on his flesh and he'd turn dust. He had emerald green eyes that were startling bright. "You ever heard of looking both ways jackass?!" I growled. The old man's eyes stared at me. From where I stood, his eyes looked like they had turned all black. I shivered at his stare and sighed.

"What is your name?" The old man's voice was rough and jagged. I crossed my arms and raised a suspicious eyebrow at him.

"None of your business old man. Your lucky I'm not calling the police." I hissed, walking in front of the vehicle. As I began to walk away, I heard the old man say something that made a chill go up my spine.

"That's her. She smells just like her mother." I broke into a run as terror filled my lungs. What was he talking about? How does he know my mom?! That's when I crashed into something. Wait, not something, someone. I looked up to see Jordan. He looked at me like I had thrown a tampon at him. That's when it hit me. He looked different. Not his hair. Not his clothes. His lips. Two silver rings sat at on either side of his bottom lip. Don't ask me why I was staring at his lip, okay. The sudden change with piercings had caught my attention.

"When did you get your lip pierced?!" I blurted out. I quickly cupped a hand over my mouth, realizing how loud I had asked. He stared at me confused then suddenly realized what I was talking about.

"Long story." Jordan mumbled, walking away. I ran after him, trying to catch up. As I walked in sync with him, I looked up at his face.

"I have the time." I chuckled. He looked down at me and sighed.

"Do I really have to explain it?"

"Actually no. First off, where's everyone else?" I asked looking around us.

"At school most like." He shrugged lazy like. It drove me insane.

"Then why are you not with them?" I asked.

"Slept in late." Jordan said plainly.

"Okay, now the lip ring." I said. Jordan's copper eyes met mine.

"I got them when I was 15." He said flatly as we rounded a corner. I looked at him confused.

"How old are you now?" I glanced behind my shoulder, feeling cold eyes on me.

"I'm 17. Are we now playing 20 questions?" Jordan scowled me as he turned his head to look at me. Then he noticed that I was glancing over my shoulder nervously. "What? What's wrong?" He asked, suddenly stopping dead in his tracks.

"N-nothing." I tried to say innocently. He saw right through it.

"Your lying. What's wrong?" Jordan crossed his arms and looked down at me. Jesus, why am I so short, I thought. I fiddled with my fingers as I stopped walking.

"Um... Lets just say I might of almost got hit by a car." I mumbled. Jordan's jaw dropped. "What? I'm still here, aren't I?" I gestured to myself. He looked at me up and down, and I could feel my face burn. "Y-you know what. I'm just gonna go to school." I mumbled, walking pass Jordan with my head down.

Bite MeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara