Chapter Thirty-Five: Xavier's Trial

I pulled on a new pair of dark grey jeans and sighed. Today was the day of my uncle's trial. I don't know what was going to happen. I mentally prayed that he got what he deserved for what he's done. I mean, can you blame ne? The fucker tried to kill me. Twice. As I began to button up my white and black flannel, there was a knock on the door.

"What?" I called. It was silent for a moment, then the door opened. "Severn?" I gave him a questioning look. He only looked directly at the ground as he pulled nervously at the rim of his shirt.

"Well... um... you see-." Severn began.

"Spit it out." I snapped, my patience suddenly going thin. Severn gave me a startled expression and I immediately felt bad. "I'm sorry... It's just that I'm nervous about Xavier trial." I said apologetically. Severn nodded silently and then cleared his throat.

"That's why I'm kinda here... You're being requested at his trial... By Jordan's father." Woah, what? Jordan's dad requesting me? Holy shit people, I've think I've made a break through. I sighed and started to walk towards the door. Did I want to go? Hell no. Did I want to see how my Uncle was going to get thrown in jail? Yes.

"Alright. Where is everyone else?" I asked Severn as he raced after me. He pulled at his blonde hair and grunted.

"Waiting for you in the throne room." He replied, walking the same pace as me. Severn is now kinda like my own personal assistant. I mean, not that I didn't mind or anything. It's just I'm kinda used to seeing Severn with scary long ass nails that were covered in poison...  Still don't even know if I should trust him. Oh great, another Tony situation. We walked in silence for a bit, but then Severn broke the comforting silence. "So... um... Are we leaving? Because I can pull the Jeep up out front-." I stopped him there.

"Severn, it's fine. Stop doing everything around here." I deadpanned. Honestly, he acted like everyone's butler or something. Severn blinked at me confused.

"Pardon me?" I groaned and rolled my eyes.

"I swear to God, I'm going to murder you one of these days." I began to walk again, this time Severn struggled to keep up with me. When we finally made it to the throne room, I found that the twins were actually walking around the edge of the chandilier. "GET DOWN FROM THERE!" I shouted. Maxwell and Eavn yelped and jumped down to the ground. Relax, Alex. 

"Look who woke up on the wrong side of the bed." Andrew laughed. I noticed that Jordan and Price were nowhere to be seen. I suddenly began to panic.

"Where is Price and Jordan?" I asked in a very panicked tone. Maxwell and Evan looked at me and shrugged. I looked at Andrew then Severn.

"I don't know. Maybe they're already outside." Suddenly, a large object engulfed in fire stormed into the room.

"Jordan, please just calm down!" Price followed right behind the walking  fire. 

"Shut the fuck up Price!" I heard Jordan's voice say harshly. Then I actually realized Jordan was the walking torch and sighed. What happened now? 

"He only wants her to be there for his trial-!" Price was cut off by a the sound of Jordan's roaring flames.

"I don't care! I don't trust the bastard!" The rest of us stood there in silence, more confused then anything. I could just barely make out Jordan figure from within the flames as he began to pace back in forth.

"Jordan, could you at least dim the flames?" Price ran a hand through his hair as he sighed. Just as Price asked, Jordan's inferno slowly began to simmer down. I suddenly grew a pair and approached Jordan.

"What's wrong?" I asked calmly. Jordan glanced over his shoulder and looked down at me. The fire instantly vanished as Jordan looked away and down at the ground.