Chapter Nine: Face to Face with Xavier

I woke up the next morning, still in Jordan's arms. For a moment, I didn't want to move. Then I realized I was in his room... in his bed... cuddling with him...

I threw myself out of his arms and landed on the other side if the bed. Within seconds I had slipped off and had fell to the ground.

"Ow... fuck..." I groaned. I peered over the bed and saw Jordan still fast asleep. Good, I thought I had woken him up. I quietly got to my feet and brushed myself off. He actually looked pretty peaceful, unlike the first time I seen him sleep. Great, now I feel like a stalker, I thought. I looked away from him and at the door. I could easily run out of the house now. An evil grin spread across my lips. I quickly grabbed my shoes and made my way towards the door.

"Alex, what are you doing?" I yelped and looked behind me to see Jordan upright in bed. He looked half asleep.

"Well um-. You see... I-I was heading home." I said quietly. Jordan swung his feet out of bed and yawned. "W-what are you doing?" I asked, looking back at the door.

"Your not walking home alone." He replied, slipping on a pair of Vans. His hair looked like a tragic smexy mess. I huffed and crossed my arms in protest.

"Says who? Last checked I'm a big girl." I mimicked. He glared at me and shook his head.

"Still not going alone." Jordan grabbed a random hoodie from his dresser and pulled it over his head. I shook my head and quietly opened his door, then stepping out into the silent hallway. Jordan was right behind me as we tiptoed down the stairs, careful not to make any loud noises. Luckily for Jordan and him being a vampire, he was as quiet as a mouse. Unlike me who was slowly but surely becoming a vampire, was as loud as a happy dog just getting out of the bath.

When we finally made it downstairs, and after all the death glares Jordan had given me, I looked around the living room. Nothing. I sighed in relief and slipped my Converse on.

"Ready?" I asked Jordan, quietly opening the front door. hich was nearly impossible because the door was 100 years old.

"I'm ready when you are your highness." Jordan joked. I gagged at the thought of actually wearing a hideous over flowing gown.

"Ugh. Okay first off, just because I have some what of royalty in my blood doesn't mean call me your highness." I shot Jordan a glared and he smirked.

"Why? I think it fits you nicely. Princess Alexandria." Jordan laughed quietly. "Yeah, that's pretty catchy. Its final, that's your new nickname."

"Shut up!" I hissed, walking out the front door. I didn't even really care if he called me that, but I sure as Hell wasn't telling him that. I kept waking down the sidewalk until Jordan called my name.

"Alex! Oh come on! I was just joking!" He laughed, jogging up next to me. After an awkward moment of silence, I asked,

"What are you gonna tell Price when you get back?" I looked up at him and felt my stomach flip. He was messing with his lip rings again. Dammit, I'm never going to get used to those, I thought.

"I took you home, why?" He noticed me staring and gave me a puzzled expression. I shook my head and looked away.

"N-nothing. He just seems like the leader in your guys vampire pack." I laughed, turning left. Jordan chuckled and ran a hand through the back of his hair.

"That's only because he's the oldest. If he were as young as Maxwell and Evan, no. He'd have absolutely no authority." Jordan explained it as if I should of known what he was taking about.

"How old is he?" I asked, curiosity taking over me.

"125." I tripped over air.

"W-what?! How the Hell is that possible!?" I exclaimed. Jordan just laughed at me.