Chapter Thirty-Two: Wanna Be Parkour

Evan's POV

Ughhhh, why is Alex taking forever to get out here? We met up with the Council members at their place and we had been there for hours. Jordan paced silently around the almost empty room. We didn't know that the members wanted to speak to Alexandria alone, we were actually hoping to stay with her. Price and Andrew decided to have small talk in the corner. Something about politics or around that general topic.

Me and Maxwell took it upon ourselves to walk along the Council's table. Literally. It was a thin, round table, but still walkable. I held my arms out to help balance myself, along with Maxwell who wasn't too far behind me.

"You guys are going to get us in trouble!" Jordan hissed. We stopped and looked at Jordan with amused eyes.

"Calm down pyro, we aren't doing any harm." I replied smugly before starting to walk again.

"Evan, look!" I turned around to see my twin balancing himself while standing on the top of one of the Council members chairs. My jaw dropped with awe as Maxwell smiled at me. "Haha, parkour." He laughed, leaping to the next chair. It wiggled slightly, making me smirk as my brother fought for balance.

"Move over." I told him as I walked to where he stood. Maxwell moved to the top side of the chair and gave me a confused smile. I leaped for it, and landed gracefully next to my brother. "W-Woah!" I lost balance for a moment, then regained it.

"Fucking idiots." Jordan mumbled as he made fire appear in his hand, then disappear. He tends to do that when he's worried or bored. Me and Max think he has ADHD because he can never sit still. He has to be moving in someway or he'll blow up.

"Fucking pyromaniac." I countered. Jordan was about to shoot something probably sarcastic back at me when we heard a door open. I suddenly lost balance and slipped from the chair. Before I could hit the ground, and most likely crack my skull open, I was caught and held like a child.

"Be careful." Andrew said as I looked up at him. Maxwell dropped down next to us and sighed. I shoved myself out of Andrew's arms, my face burning with embarrassment. Alex and the Council members walked into the room shortly after that, making Jordan stop pacing and rush to Alex's side protectively. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Thank you Alexandria for coming. Please have a wonderful rest of the day." Jordan's dad said as he patted Alex's shoulder lightly. She looked like she'd just seen a ghost. Did she have another anxiety attack? Is she okay? Did she freeze a Council member? My mind began to fill with questions. Jordan sent his dad a glare before leading Alex off to where we stood.

"Is that all?" Price asked, eying the Council members. Victor nodded and gestured to the door. Thank God! We can finally get out of this creepy Hell hole, I thought as I walked towards the door.

"Your Uncle's court date it coming up soon..." Ivy said, making everyone in the room freeze. "Would you like to come?" All eyes went onto Alex. Her dark hair was swept in front of her face, making it impossible to read her expression.

"No. Fuck him and fuck this place." She looked up at the Council members, her stormy grey blue eyes full of hatred. Andddd, she's back. A smile tugged at my lips as Alex walked over to the door and swung it open. Just as Price was about to speak, she stormed outside. Jordan and Price looked at eachother confused for a moment. Then Jordan went after her, a splash of concern on his face.

"What did you ask her?" Price asked harshly. I glanced and Max and Andrew with worry. If Price starts to get mad, we all might as well be thrown into jail. Victor shrugged as Jordan's father turned around and walked down the hall.

"That is none of your business, young one." Victor replied just as harshly as Price. Young one? Price young? Ha. He's an old ass if you ask me. Price took a step closer towards the Council members, whose stood their ground unfazed.