Chapter Five: Jordan is Acting Stranger then Normal

The next day, I decided to take my sweet ass time getting ready. My dad had yelled at me for skipping school, and then yell at me for being "disrespectful" to Michelle. I honestly didn't care, I just wanted to lock myself in my room listen to loud music.

"School is important Alex! How are you ever going to succeed in life if you don't have a proper education?" My dad glared at me.

"I could always become a drug dealer. That's pretty basic." I shrugged, looking down at my feet.

"No! Do something with your life Alexandria! I know you're better than this!"

Again, I didn't care. I pulled a band tee over my head and slipped on a pair of dark grey leggings. As I pulled on my Converse, there was a knock on my door.

"What?" I called, tying my shoe.

"There's some people here who want to see you." It was Michelle. Great, probably the school, I thought. I sighed and pulled at my short hair with my brush. I quickly brushed my teeth and then slowly made my way down the stairs. The hall was empty.

"Where are they?" I asked, looking around carefully.

"Outside." Michelle replied. I groaned and stepped onto the last step. When I walked to the door, I felt another shock of electricity zap through me, this time I felt a little pain. I pushed it away and swung open the door.

"Okay, lemme have it-." I stopped. There they were. Standing calmly and looking bored. "G-guys..." My voice trailed off. They looked up at me, all of them smiled except Jordan. He stood in the far back, still looking at the ground.

"Hey..." Price smiled. I felt my heart sink. Maxwell and Evan smiled at me brightly while Andrew waved "hello" to me. I waved back, then my eyes went back to Jordan. He looked fine. I walked over to him and he looked down at me. I punched him square in the arm.

"Ow! What the fuck Alex?!" He glared at me and rubbed his arm.

"Don't you EVER make me worry like that again!" I hissed. He smirked at me.

"Why were you worried Alex?" My name came out like silk from his mouth. I shivered as I shook my head.

"Just don't do it again." I said again, making my way down the steps. "And I do expect to get an explanation about what happened." I huffed, walking down the sidewalk towards school.

"Wait up!" I heard Price laugh. I didn't stop, but a smile did creep on my face. It's nice to have the guys back.

_____________
________________

At the end of the day, we decided to go to my house to finish our Mythology project. On our way there, Price was bragging about how good of a score on his algebra test when Jordan stopped and leaned against a light pole. I seemed to be the only one who notice, so I stopped too.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked, walking next to him.

"Y-yeah." I could see the pain in his eyes. I crossed my arms in disbelief.

"Pfft, your not fooling me." I said.

"Alex, I'm fine. Now go." Jordan's copper red eyes met mine. I slowly nodded as I walked away quickly, feeling my face burn. I bumped into Price and lost balance.

"W-whoa!" I exclaimed as Price gently grabbed my arm and helped me regain my balance. Dammit, why am I so clumsy?  "Thanks." I mumbled, glancing back at Jordan nervously. He looked paler than normal. I sighed as I looked back at the sidewalk. When we finally reached my house, I realized my dad and Michelle must of been at work. As I stepped inside the front door, I doubled checked to make sure.