Prologue

I was always the kind of girl that enjoyed having a boyfriend

I was always the kind of girl that enjoyed having a boyfriend. I enjoyed going on exciting dates, and I also enjoyed having a guy care for me in that way. I know that sounds weird and somewhat selfish, but that was me. The past me.

I was 14 when I got my first boyfriend, his name was Justin North. He was sweet and extremely handsome. And being the 14-year-old girl I was, my natural hormones got the best of me, and I wanted him all to myself, like about ten other girls in my school.

He noticed me, we started dating, blah, blah, blah. But of course, he only had eyes for the 'it-girl' Madison Harrison. And I didn't really blame him. She was drop-dead gorgeous.

I was heartbroken, yes. But I got over it pretty quickly, and I was on to my next boyfriend.

This time, I had my eyes on Elijah Kennedy. He wasn't as popular as Justin, but that didn't matter to me. I thought he was so amazing and handsome. So I found all of the opportunities to get near him. I found out when he was going to be in football practice so I could watch him in the stands, I purposefully took a drink at the water fountain near his locker so I could flirt with him, and I even went to an 11th grade party so I could be around him, even though I knew it would be full of drunk teens.

My plan worked and he admitted that he liked me too. We went out all the time. He took me everywhere he could think of in Terra Lake. But one night, he called me up and told me that he was too lazy to have a girlfriend, that he couldn't help with all of my needs since he couldn't move his lazy ass off the couch. That was the end of that.

I was now 14 and a half and ready for my next boyfriend. I got over Elijah faster then Justin, thankfully.

My next target was Gage Ryder. He was more out of my comfort zone, being a biker guy with lots of tattoos. But he was hot, nonetheless. So of course, I set out to him.

He asked me out after only a week of me following him around, told me I would look great on a bike. So our first date consisted of me riding behind him on his motorcycle.

But the next day, I was with Lukas, my best friend's brother, outside of their house. We were simply just waiting for Fiona to be done with her complicated makeup, "Gotta look good for dem boys." she said that morning as I watched her start her eyeshadow. I ditched her after she took ten minutes to do one eye.

Anyways, Gage broke up with me after that because he thought I was cheating with him. And I thought that night, why would he think I was cheating on him with an 11-year-old?

I got over Gage pretty quickly too. But little did I know, my next breakup would be slightly harder.

Parker Ross was the sexy new boy at our school, and I planned on having him all to myself. I was 15 now, and you'd think I'd know better by now, know that I just wasn't girlfriend material, but no.

So before any girls could get to him, I made a good first impression by asking if he needed help with finding his classes. He said yes, and that's where it started.