Chapter Thirty-Six: Be My Girlfriend?

Aliana's POV

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Aliana's POV

My dad and I talked over our dinner. He told me all about life with Marie, and some with Vicky. Apparently she visited every other week. And I told him about Fiona and her recent issues. I told him about Zora coming back from London. I told him about my trip to Paris, and of course, about everything with Ashton.

It was weird talking to my dad about boys, but he listened.

"And you need to apologize to Ashton. You scared him. A lot. You're lucky you didn't scare him away," I said to him, my tone changing from happy to a little angry. I didn't like how my dad talked to Ashton, and I wanted him to show Ashton that he was sorry.

If he was sorry.

He looked down in shame. "I know. I shouldn't have acted like that. He's a great guy, and you deserve someone like that. I was just taking my anger out on him, like I take my anger out on you. I overreacted. You're 16, and you can do whatever you want with your life. I'll apologize to him."

"Tomorrow?" I asked him, the seriousness in my voice audible. I wanted him to know that I wanted him to stay for awhile, instead of just running off and leaving me again.

He nodded solemnly. "Yes. Tomorrow."

I smiled gratefully. "Thank you." The waitress came with our food and we started eating. 

"I have to ask you something, Ali," Dad said after we had taken some bites of our food. I put down my burger and nodded.

"Okay," I said uneasily. You could really never know with my dad.

"Well..." he blew out a breath. "I want you to come back to Isla Woods. I want you to live with me and Marie. You can see Sunny everyday, and Vicky will visit every other week. Your friends can come and see you. It's only half an hour away.

I stared at him, totally caught off guard.

"So, will you?" he asked, the hope clear in his facial expression and his voice.

Going back to Isla Woods would mean leaving my school, my friends, the Reams, Ashton. I'd leave everything that I had been growing up with for the past four years. I had gotten used to living in Terra Lake, and it was my home now.

My house in Isla Woods didn't feel like home anymore. It felt like my second home. But my first home is in Terra Lake. But I knew my dad really wanted me to come back to live with him, and he's changed since he's married Marie. But, it may be a little too much change.

I shook my head slowly. "I'm sorry, Dad. That'd be great, but my home is here now, in Terra Lake. And it has been since I was 12, and don't forget that you're the reason I had to move in with the Reams."

He frowned. "I know. I regret it all, like I said earlier."

"I know, Dad. But, I just can't. I'd be leaving everyone, everything. It's just...too late. It's too late for you to ask me to come back. I've created my life here, and I would like it to stay like that."