Chapter Twenty-Three: Arrived In Paris

Aliana's POV

Aliana's POV

"Come on already, Fiona!" I yelled up the stairs. I was out of my mind excited to get on the plane, and Fiona had insisted on dropping me off with her mom for some weird reason. Things had been super-awkward between us after her weird attitude last night. But she must be out of the funk today.

"Coming!" she called from upstairs. 

I was also so excited because Ashton was my partner for the whole trip. Hanging out with him was time well spent. And this trip will be full of time well spent. 

Fiona bounded downstairs. "Ready!" Mrs. Reams emerged from the master bedroom down the hall with her purse.

"Let's go!" We all walked out to the car and started towards the airport.

Once we got there, I had to do all the baggage crap, so I said my goodbyes to Mrs. Reams and Fiona. It felt like I was leaving for weeks, but it was only three days. I walked by myself to get all the baggage crap over with.

Once I was done with all that, I went towards my gate. I saw some kids from my French class sitting together on the chairs, eating breakfast. I took a seat a little farther away from them and took out my phone.

"Hey, stranger," I heard a voice say. I looked up. Ashton towered over me, grinning.

"Hello to you too, partner," I replied.

"Is this seat taken?" he asked, pointing to the seat next to me.

"Yes," I lied jokingly. He raised a brow. "Just kidding." He sat down and put his backpack on the chair next to him. I slipped my phone into my pocket.

"Have you ever been to France?" he asked me as he settled into the plastic airport seat.

"No. This will be my first time," I answered. 

"Me too," he said.

"I seriously can't wait to see the Eiffel Tower! I can just imagine all of the pictures I'll take," I said dreamily.

He grinned. "You like taking pictures?"

"Well, I guess. I don't take pictures super often but the Eiffel Tower is just so photogenic, I can't resist."

"I see where you're coming from," he said. 

"Now boarding, flight number 1202 to Paris, France," a voice said over the speakers. Everyone stood up, including me and Ashton. I slung my backpack over my shoulder and started walking towards our group. Ashton came up next to me. Everyone started filing into the jetway leading to the airplane. 

We all walked down the aisles and sat down with our partners. I sat by the window of course. But not before asking Ashton if he wanted the window seat first. Obviously.

I pushed my backpack under the seat in front of me and settled into the seat.

Ashton suddenly obnoxiously started pushing the buttons on the armrest. His light started flickering on and off. I side-glanced him, trying to ignore the clicking. But,