Chapter Thirty-Three: The Secret Is Out

Aliana's POV

Aliana's POV

I came into our bedroom the next day, ready for the truth behind Fiona's actions. She hadn't even talked to me since our fight sorta thing, and I was ready to have my best friend back.

"Fiona, I need an explanation." She sat up on her bunk and met my eyes.

"An explanation on what?" she asked. I raised a brow.

"Seriously? You've been ignoring me since yesterday, you're telling me you're hanging out with Zora but you're really not, you won't eat anything, something is up."

She didn't say anything, just stared into my eyes.

"I'm your best friend, Fiona. You can tell me anything. I won't judge you, I'll do anything but. Just please tell me what's going on," I pleaded with her softly. I climbed onto her bed and sat in front of her.

Fiona started to shake, and tears slid down her cheeks. She covered her eyes and sobbed into her hands.

"I'm sick. I have a disorder, and I haven't told anyone. I'm just a wreck," she sobbed. So, it was true. She was the one that was searching the internet.

"Where have you been if you haven't been with Zora then?" I asked her. She shook her head viciously.

"It sucks. It's hard to say," she said into her hands.

"You can tell me." I'll listen.

She took a shaky breath and removed her face from her hands. "I've been seeing a therapist. She's helping me with my eating disorder. So I told everyone I had been with Zora all the time, which was probably a stupid idea because I hurt your feelings."

"It doesn't matter," I muttered.

"It's really hard, seeing my favorite foods, but not wanting to eat them." She sighed a shaky breath and pulled her knees to her chest, and I noticed that her legs were really skinny.

I put a hand on her shoulder. "I'll help you through it, FiFi. You could've just told me."

She gulped. "I know I could've. I was just scared and sad. I wanted to keep it to myself."

"I understand." She suddenly pulled me into a hug and hugged me like her life depended on it. I hugged her back, happy that she had finally told me the real truth. She felt smaller in my arms then she used to, but I didn't mind.

"I was worried about you. I'm sorry I've been so distracted." I pulled back. "If I hadn't been so interested in Ashton, I would've noticed that something was wrong, I could've helped..." I trailed off.

"Ali, it's not your fault."

I sighed. "I know. But I can't help but feel like it is."

"Aliana Haven, you stop blaming yourself for everyone's problems," she scolded playfully. We started giggling.