Chapter Seventeen: Zora's Back

Aliana's POV

Aliana's POV

I rubbed my eyes and rolled over, slapping the snooze button on my alarm clock. I heard Fiona move around from the top bunk, but I knew she wouldn't be awake for another half an hour. I rolled out of bed (like, actually rolled), and went to the bathroom to start fixing my hair which was probably a rat's nest. 

My eyes widened when I saw my reflection. What was I doing in my sleep anyways? I grabbed my brush from the counter and started trying to fix my hair. 

I put the brush down after ten minutes of trying to just pull the brush through my hair. It was hopeless. I pulled a hair elastic from the drawer and put it in a messy bun with much struggle. Then I grabbed a black elastic headband. It looked way better. 

I went back to our bedroom and climbed the ladder to see if Fiona was awake yet. Her eyes were closed and I could hear her soft snoring. I huffed and climbed down the ladder. 

I went over to our closet and went to my side of it. I grabbed a dark gray drawstring sweatshirt and some skinny jeans. I slipped on some gray anklet socks and bounded downstairs.

I found Mrs. Reams in the kitchen making some cereal at the counter. She turned around when she heard me and smiled.

"Good morning, Ali."

I sat down at the counter. "Good morning."

She pushed a bowl of cereal towards me. I took it happily and started eating it. Captain Crunch was literally the best cereal ever.

I finished off the cereal and drank the sweet, sugary milk before standing up and grabbing my backpack. I was planning on reading a little under the tree in the front yard.

"Is Fiona up yet?" Mrs. Reams asked me.

I shook my head. "No. Like always."

She scoffed. "That girl"

"I'm gonna be outside," I told her.

"Okay. I'll send Fiona out in ten minutes," she said. I nodded and went out the door, closing it behind me.

Time to get some reading in. I walked over to the tree and laid down before grabbing my book from my backpack.

***

Fiona came out exactly ten minutes later. She somehow managed to braid her hair and put on reasonable clothes. I stood up, shoving my book into my bag as I did so, and walked over to her.

"Ready to go?" I asked her. She nodded and we started down the walkway.

"Ali! FiFi!" I looked up to see Zora bounding towards us.

"Z!" Fiona and I exclaimed in unison. She ran towards us and pulled us both in for a huge hug. The trio was officially back.

"I missed you guys so much!" Zora exclaimed.