Chapter Thirteen: The Wedding (Part One)

Aliana's POV

Aliana's POV

It was the day. The wedding day. I was going to have a new mom today. And a sister.

I slid out of bed grabbed a sweatshirt and leggings, knowing that I didn't need to get all dressed up since I was just going to get done-over at the wedding later. I walked into the bathroom and grabbed an elastic off the counter.

I stared at my reflection. My curly raven-black hair was messy from sleep, and my dark eyes looked sleepy. I wrinkled my nose and stared at the freckles that covered it.

Today was the day. My dad was getting remarried. I honestly never thought he would remarry. And now my nightmare was coming true. The thought of that made me scared. And sad. And disappointed. But most of all mad. My dad made me so mad, all the freaking time. Why couldn't we just have a normal father-daughter relationship.

We used to have one of those. He always called me 'sweetie' and 'honey'. But that had all changed. And sometimes in my bed at night, I remember the days when he tucked me in and said, 'Goodnight, my little girl'. I missed him saying that, missed knowing that he was in the other room, there if I ever need comfort or love.

But I didn't get that anymore. He was a different man, a different father.

I wanted to be happy for my dad, him getting married and all, but when I was so angry and sad with this situation, it was hard to. I looked away. Enough of those thoughts. I pulled my hair up and whipped it into a messy bun. It flopped to one side.

Whatever. That's why it's called a 'messy bun'.

"Ali! Come have some breakfast!" my dad called from downstairs. I waited to hear him say 'sweetie', but he never did. Of course he didn't. Why did I even expect him to? I sighed sadly and walked downstairs. I looked around for some pancakes or waffles, but there was none. 

My dad used to cook breakfast for my mom and me every morning, but I guess that stopped too. I remember waking up to the smell of something delicious in the morning and coming downstairs to see the table full of yummy breakfast food.

But those days were over.

I grabbed a waffle out of the freezer and popped it in the toaster. Vicky strolled into the kitchen and smiled at me. It was good to see her happy again. I hadn't seen her since the whole dress dispute.

"Hey Ali," Vicky said as she sat at the island. Her brown hair was in a perfect french braid at the back of her head and she was wearing a floral sundress. I felt under-dressed.

"Hey Vicky," I replied. The waffle popped out of the toaster and we both jumped. I turned around and put it on a plate. 

"Are you feeling better after last night?" I asked her while I poured a reasonable amount of syrup on my waffle.

"Yeah. I just needed some sleep." She walked over to the fridge and grabbed a cup out of the nearby cabinet before she dispensed water into it from the water filter.