Chapter Thirty-One: Ideal First Date

Aliana's POV

Aliana's POV

 Pretty dress, pretty dress, pretty-aha! I pulled out the perfect floral dress and looked at it up and down. I was currently getting ready for my date with Ashton, and I was having trouble finding a dress, until now.

The dress was black with daisies on it, and the straps went around my neck. I grinned at the dress before pulling it on. I smiled at the tall mirror, adding some diamond earrings to the outfit. I added a black cardigan, and grabbed some black tights. I decided to leave my hair down, but I did brush it because otherwise, it would be a total rat's nest.

I pulled on some cute black boots before heading downstairs.

"I'm headed out!" I called to Mrs. Reams.

"Okay, Ali! Have fun!" she called in return.

"I will!" I called back before heading outside to wait for Ashton.

Ashton came only two minutes later in his small car. He opened the door and got out. He was wearing a denim button down with black jeans and his Adidas. He grinned at me and looked me up and down. I went down the front steps towards him.

He pulled me towards him and whispered in my ear, "You look beautiful, Alibear." I smiled into his chest. He pulled back and grabbed my hand, leading me to his car.

He opened the door and motioned for me to get in. I got in, telling him thank you as I did. He closed the door and went to his side.

He slid in and turned on the car. The heater started blowing warm air and I sighed with content. I felt warm and cozy all over. But then he grabbed my hand, and I only felt cozier.

***

"Terra Lake Forestry?" I asked him as he pulled into the Terra Lake Forestry parking lot.

He nodded. "Yep." I bit my lip to keep from frowning. This place brought back bad memories, but I brushed them off. He let go of my hand, got out and came over to my side to open my door. He took my hand again, closing my door behind me. 

"One second," he said. I looked at him questioningly as he went around to the back of the car. I watched as he pulled a picnic basket out of the trunk and closed it. He came up to me and took my hand. "Okay, ready."

I didn't say anything, just smiled to myself, wondering what he had in store.

He led me down the path through the woods. There was less snow there since the trees covered the path. Just a thin layer, which was good since my shoes weren't exactly waterproof.

He kept pulling me along until he suddenly stopped in the middle of the path. "Wait here," he said. I raised a brow, but didn't protest. He let go of my hand and ran down the path. I stood there, listening to the birds chirping and the wind whistling through the trees.