Chapter Seven: Life Changing

Aliana's POV

Aliana's POV

"You're joking, right?" I prayed that this was a joke. I didn't think I could handle a stepmom. Dad and Marie looked at me like I had two heads.

"Do you really think we would joke with you like that, Aliana?" Dad asked. Did I? Yes.

This was insane. My dad thinks he can just automatically change my life like this! Of course I thought this was a freaking joke! Who wouldn't?

But lying was the best option here. I controlled my anger and gritted my teeth. "No. I guess not."

"Good. Well, the wedding is in two days," he said. Two days?!? He's telling me this now? I was getting angrier by the seconds. I slid my chair back with a loud squeak and stood up.

"Are you serious? Is that why you wanted me to come over here? For a wedding that I knew nothing about?" I asked in shock. My insides were fuming.

"Yes, that is why. I didn't think you'd come if I told you," he said. 

Did I do something wrong? What made him treat me like this? I balled my hands into fists.

"Dad. I would never miss your wedding, for God's sake!" I exclaimed. Did he really think I would do that?

 If so, he doesn't even know me. "Stop raising your voice at me," he ordered. 

"Don't tell me what to do," I said calmly. 

He blinked. "Don't order me like that!"

Marie jumped in before it got heated. At least she had good timing.  "Your dad just wants the best for you, Aliana."

I sighed. "I know." I turned to dad. "But that doesn't mean that you shouldn't tell me these things! I just can't believe you did this!" 

This all better be a dream.

"I know, I know. I understand now," he said. I sat back down furiously. It seemed like he was trying to apologize, but it was far from good enough.

"Well, is the wedding all set? Because if you're doing this in two days, it better be. And I'm not going to be a superhero and jump in." 

Dad nodded. "Yes. Everything is almost set. But you don't have to be the superhero, Aliana. I never expected you to be.

I opened my mouth to say something but Marie jumped in again before I had a chance. "Okay guys. Enough. There's something I need to ask you, Ali." 

I honestly didn't want to hear anymore. I didn't want to see or be a part of this stupid wedding. "Okay..." I answered unsurely, knowing that it was better to answer then get farther on my dad's bad side.

"Well, I was wondering if you'd be one of my bridesmaids," she said.

Oh. My. God. That was the last thing I wanted to do. Sure, it sounded fun to be a bridesmaid, but not at my own Dad's wedding! Never. EVER!