Chapter Two: Wanna Bet?

Aliana's POV

Aliana's POV

I rolled over in my bed and opened my eyes slightly. The sunlight was streaming through my window, lighting up my room. I glanced at the alarm clock on the bedside table. 6:02 a.m. I groaned. I wasn't planning that Thursday since I could sleep in. Thank God for two-day teacher conferences.

I laid there, listening to Fiona's soft snoring. I didn't know what to do at a time like this. I could easily do some homework, but who wants to do that at 6 a.m? I could watch a TV show on Netflix, but that is such a lazy thing to do.

Then I decided on something. I was going to the gym. I never went to the gym even though there was one nearby. It was huge and it stank like sweaty humans, but I didn't expect it to smell like anything else.

I really wasn't the type of person to choose to go to the gym. But it's was a Saturday morning. If I'm being honest, I would much rather spend my time sleeping on a Saturday, but that was hopeless at this point.

So I rolled out of bed and grabbed some workout clothes from the closet before tying my curly hair into a messy ponytail. I brushed my teeth then grabbed my sneakers before going downstairs. 

Time for the gym. I quietly went downstairs, towards the front door, but my plan was slightly delayed. 

"Where are you going?" a voice asked from behind me. I screamed and whirled around. Fiona was standing near the kitchen rubbing her eyes. She pulled her hands away and laughed. "Am I really that scary?"

I laughed a little. "No. You just caught me off guard." Fiona was never up this early. She was definitely a late sleeper.

"Well, are you going somewhere? In your workout clothes?" she asked, gesturing at the water bottle next to my feet and the drawstring backpack in my hand. I looked down at my LuLuLemon workout leggings and tennis shoes.

"I'm headed to the gym," I explained. There was really nothing else to say about it. Was it so weird to make a quick decision to go to the gym on a Saturday morning?

"But you never workout..." she drawled. 

She was right. I shrugged. "Well, we have a nice gym down the street. Why not use it?"

"You're right! You can go while I stay here and eat some delicious Cinnamon Toast Crunch." I chuckled. Of course she was going to do that. 

I picked up my water bottle off the floor. "Well, have fun." 

She smiled. "You too!" I turned around, unlocked the door and opened it.

As I was locking it, I heard grunting. I looked up and saw some guy doing pushups on a tree. I jumped back when I realized he was shirtless. And that the boy was Ashton.

My first initial thought was:

Who does pushups on a tree right in front of someone else's house?