Christmas Bonus Chapter

Merry Christmas, beautifuls.

(One year down the line...)

"I still can't believe you're here for Christmas. I haven't had a shopping buddy in one year, and it's driving me nuts," Fiona boasts as we walk through the busy mall, trying to get thorough the holiday bustle. "Mom is just not the same."

"I'm glad I'm back, too. Spending Christmas without you just wouldn't be the same," I agree. I reach over and take her hand in mine, gripping it tightly. 

I've missed Fiona so much the past year. Don't get me wrong, Paris is amazing and all I could ever dream of, but it's just not the same without Fiona in my life. Thankfully, our apartment had amazing internet connection, so I was able to Skype her every day, so it wasn't like she was totally out of my life.

But being here at the mall with her, full shopping bags covering our arms, talking about everything in life, it feels just like old times.

"I agree," she says. She lets out a gasp, pointing towards one of the many stores in our mall. I look towards where she's pointing. 

"What is it now? You've pointed things out in the last fifty stores already." She jumps up and down before yanking me with her, heading straight for Forever 21. She stops in front of the huge window, and i follow her gaze towards the long ballgown.

It's a dark, rich purple. The trail cascades down the back. A sparkly, flower design covers the chest. It's very Fiona.

Fiona has been looking for a gown for her business ball. Everyone dresses up in fancy attire to hang out and drink cocktails. Not really my kind of party, but definitely Fiona's. She was even planning on dragging her boyfriend along. Poor boy.

"This is PERFECT for the ball. I'll be the center of attention with that baby on." She stares dreamily at the gown. I tilt my head to the side, studying it once more before turning to her.

"Oh, yes. I think you should go inside and try it on," I tell her. She gives the dress one more lingering look before rushing into the shop. I trail behind her, a small smirk playing on my lips at Fiona's classic behavior.

I flip through a rack of dresses while Fiona talks to the lady at the register. A fuzzy sweatshirt catches my eye. It's perfect for this cold Terra Lake weather, but then I remember the amount of money I have left to spend.

Sure, I could use my credit card, but I decided to budget this trip to the mall.

I sigh and hang the sweatshirt back up on the rack. My phone buzzes from my purse, and I fumble with the many bags before I finally reach my purse. I yank my phone out of my bag and click "answer" without even looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I ask into the speaker, trying to situate my bags again. I glance around, then decide to lean against the wall, away from the many girls streaming through the store.

"Hey, Alibear." My heart jumps to my throat when I hear his voice, even after these seven years.

"Oh, hi, sorry. I think I went a little overboard with the clothes, and I kinda splurged. My purse was hard to get too," I explain hurriedly.

"It's fine, love. But your sure you didn't break the bank?"

"I'm pretty sure the bank account won't miss a few bucks," I shoot back.

I hear him chuckle on the other end. "Yeah, I bet you're right. I just wanted to call to ask you if you're still on for Monday night."

Monday is Christmas, and Ashton has some secret plans for the night.