Chapter Twenty-Six: Fresh Start

Ashton's POV

Ashton's POV

Usually, Saturdays were the greatest day of the week for me. I could do anything I wanted without having school hanging over my head. But this Saturday? I didn't know what to do with myself.

I couldn't sleep last night because my mind was taken over by thoughts on how to break up with Abbie. I wasn't going to waste anymore time. Abbie just wasn't the girl for me.

Ali was. 

But Abbie was in between us, separating me from her. And I just needed to break up with her so I could get to Ali, show her that we can be friends again. It was really weird waking up that morning. Usually, I would have a text from Ali. But there wasn't any.

My heart dropped when I saw that I didn't have any notifications. I guess I was hoping that she had changed her mind. Decided that we could be friends again. Because honestly, this was Hell.

I could always go to Ali with any problems, she always listened. If I ever needed someone to hang out with, she was there. And now, knowing that I couldn't text or call her and ask if we could hang out, I was lost. 

Like I said before, I didn't know what to do with myself. But, this was the day. I did actually know what to do with myself.

Wait, what was I going to do? Oh yeah, break up with Abbie. I got off my bed and headed downstairs. "I'm going to Abbie's, Dad!" I called from the front door.

"Okay, son! Have fun!" he called in reply. Haha, sure. This was going to be great fun. I left the house and got in the car, bracing myself for what I was getting myself into.

***

Knock, knock.

I rapped my knuckles on Abbie's door before gazing up at her huge house. She was definitely rich. Her house was three stories tall, and very wide. A total mansion.

It even had a huge pool in the back that we made out in this last summer. 

Stop it Ashton. Stop thinking about the past. I took a deep breath, and just as I let it out, the door opened.

Abbie's mom appeared. "Ashton? What are you doing here?"

"I came to talk to Abbie," I told her. She stared at me a second before calling Abbie. Abbie came down the stairs seconds later in a very fancy dress. She was probably going to a party, like usual.

"Ashton." she sneered. I was taken aback. "What are you doing here?" Her mouth set in a firm line.  Why was she so angry at me?...

Oh yeah. I had been a total jerk to her.

I gave her mom a 'leave us alone' look. She must've got the message because she watched us for a second before going up one of the huge staircases. I cleared my throat. "Can we talk?" I pulled her outside and shut the door.