Chapter Fourteen: The Wedding (Part Two)

Aliana's POV

Aliana's POV

Marie was starting to get all giddy. Everyone else was too. Everyone but me and Vicky. I knew Vicky wasn't excited either so I wasn't the only one. I watched as Vicky toyed with her bouquet, wrapping the ribbon around her finger. Marie touched her hand to stop her fidgeting. She stopped. 

I watched as people started filling the seats. I watched my Aunt Gable and Uncle Duncan take a seat near the front. I also saw my Grandma and Grandpa take their seats near the aisle. I also saw lots of Dads friends take seats. And of course, I saw the Reams' take their seats. they sat down near the back. 

Suddenly, everyone was quiet.

Pastor Kenneth took his spot at the front behind the table. Dad followed behind him. And I had to admit, he looked pretty dashing in his suit. Then the groomsmen came out and we were all paired with one. I was paired with Dad's 60 year old friend, Benjamin, which was weird. But he knew me well, so it was okay.

"Are you excited?" Benjamin asked me quietly. I shifted from foot to foot.

"Can I be honest?" I whispered in reply.

He nodded. "Of course, dear."

I turned my head to him. "I don't want my dad to get remarried. He kind of sprung this on me two days ago."

Benjamin took a sharp breath. "That's tough. That's wasn't very kind of your dad."

"Yeah. But he hasn't been kind to me in five years so it isn't anything different."

"You poor girl. Hopefully things will get better. I think you should talk to your dad about it."

I shook my head. "He won't listen."

"Tom's not like that. He'll listen." The music started playing and I turned towards the aisle, Benjamin's words repeating in my mind. 

Talk to him about it.

We all started walking down the aisle. I was last before Marie with her dad. I walked with Benjamin, then we stood by everyone else. Then, it was Marie's turn. She looked very gorgeous in her lacy dress and long vail. 

As she was halfway down the aisle, I looked at Dad. His eyes looked different. They showed love and affection. The love and affection that had shown when he was around my mom. I watched as his eyes followed Marie.

A tear suddenly slid down my cheek. There were millions of reasons I should be crying, so I kind of expected it. Seeing my dad look at another woman like that was too much. I was trying to stay calm and be happy for them, but it was impossible.

How could I be happy for them when I'm seeing my dad with a different woman? This wedding was just too much for me. My emotions were going haywire. The tears slid down my cheeks as I watched Marie approach Dad.