Chapter Twenty-Four: I'm Falling In Love With Her

Aliana's POV (Paris: Day One)

I opened my eyes the next morning and took in the sun streaming through the window. It took me a second to remember that I was currently in Paris. I was still getting used to the idea. I rubbed my eyes and turned over. I was not ready to get up even though I knew what the day had in store for me. 

Paris was filled with so much to see, and I wanted to see as much of it as I could in these three days.

I peeled off the covers and let the cold air seep into my skin. A shiver rushed though my body but I fought through it. I went to my my suitcase and grabbed my day one outfit: a black and white aztec designed cardigan, white t-shirt, black leggings, and white All Star Converse.

I held my elbows to keep warm as I raced towards the bathroom, closing the door behind myself.

After I got out of the shower and put on my outfit, I walked back into the main room. 

Ashton was sleeping soundly with one arm over his head. His blonde hair messy from tossing and turning in his sleep. His sweatshirt was rumpled too. I tried not to let my mind get all excited over how cute he looked with bedhead, but I failed miserably.

I walked over to his side and leaned down to his ear, putting my mouth close enough to whisper. "Ashton, we need to meet the class downstairs in ten minutes."

He stirred in his sleep. I stood up straight and crossed my arms, waiting patiently for him to actually get up.

"Mooom. It's too early," he whined in his rough, sleepy voice.

"Sorry, honey. Time to get up," I played along.  A grin spread across my face. 

He opened one blue eye. "Haha. Very funny."

"We have to get down there soon, Ash. Come on already." He groaned and rolled off the bed, onto the floor at my feet. I raised a brow.

"I'm not ready to wake up," he whined, his voice muffled by the fluffy white carpet.

I sighed. "We can't just not go, it's a class trip."

He pushed himself up with his arms, his muscles flexing. I had to calm down my mind for the second time. "Fine." He turned around and headed for the shower.

"Did you forget something?" I called. He came back out. I gestured to his open suitcase.

"Smarty pants," he commented with a slight smile. I gave him a smile in return.

"That's me."

***

Paris looked so beautiful that morning. The sun was shining which warmed up the cold, winter day. People were walking around the small shops and bakeries. 

And there was currently a proposal happening near the huge fountain that we were all gawking at. All except me and Ashton. We were actually looking at the sights. We stood by the railing, looking out at the trees and the beautiful Seine River. I took a deep breath, breathing it all in.