Chapter Thirty-Two: Clues

Aliana's POV

Aliana's POV

"Was that just how you imagined your ideal date?" Ashton asked me as he cranked the heat in the car. 

I smiled warmly at him. "Yes. Definitely." Ashton and I had shared some great food and talked for about two hours. Maybe kissed a little too.

"I'm glad," he said as he pulled out of the parking spot. 

Once he was on the road, he slid his hand over and took mine in his. I would never get over the amazing feeling of his hand in mine.

"Well, I enjoyed it too," he said, making circles on my palm with his thumb. I shivered at the movement. He glanced at me, a smirk appearing on those full lips of his.

"I'm not cold," I answered for him.

"I know. You're just shivering from being within ten feet of my sexy body," he said arrogantly.

I rolled my eyes. "Calm down your ego, Dobias." He chuckled in reply. Suddenly, my phone rang. I took it out of the cup holder and picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Ali. It's Zora."

I was surprised. "Oh. Hey."

"Uhm, I was calling to ask you if Fiona has been talking to you recently?" 

"No. She's been hanging out with you constantly and now she's not talking to me," I admitted.

"No, she hasn't. I can even get a hold of her, let alone hang out with her. I thought she'd been with you all this time." I sat there stunned for a second. Fiona's been lying this whole time?

"Nope. She kinda blew up at me this morning and I haven't talked to her since," I explained. She didn't say anything for a second. I glanced at Ashton. He seemed to be listening to our conversation.

"Oh." Was all she said, probably processing everything. But then she spoke. "You know, this is really confusing since Fiona has never lied to us in her life, so I'm honestly just stunned."

I pushed a curl behind my ear as I thought about what she said. "Yeah, that's so true. Fiona is literally the most honest person I know."

"Exactly!" Zora exclaimed. "But why would she start now, is what I'm wondering."

"Me too," I replied honestly. Then I remembered what she said this morning.

Maybe if you weren't so distracted with your boyfriend, you would have realized that something is seriously wrong with your best friend.

I frowned at the remembrance. I looked up from my lap to see that we were in my driveway. "I have to get going, but I'll call you back soon. We need to find out what's going on." 

"Okay. Call me as soon as you can."

"Ok, bye." 

I turned to Ashton. "Sorry about that."