Soda (5)

Nothing scares me anymore
I've been dating Sodapop Curtis for two years and every fear has washed away, except for the fear of losing him. In his arms I'm protected and his voice can sooth anything worry that's built in my stomach and his calloused hands can wipe away any tear.
I hardly ever feel a lump in my throat anymore, like somehow it washed away in the sand. It's what true love feels like, or so I imagine. To be so engulfed in someone that the only fear you have is never seeing them again. Never seeing the way the golden, Summer rays hit his pearly grin or never feeling his calloused hand in mine. Never seeing the way his face lights up when he talks about horses.
We're only eighteen but the world stops when I'm with him. And I love him. I love him. I love him. I love him. But fear was climbing up my throat when a moving truck parked in my driveway. When my voice cracked when I told him I was moving and how we stayed in each other's arms for what seemed like forever, but it would never suffice. I would never get enough
Fear was climbing up my throat when night had dawned and we'd be leaving by morning. Rain pelted the ground as I sat on my porch staring at the lonesome street lamp on road side. The rain seemed to haunt me, pulling me from my seat.
I launched from my place and ran faster than I thought my feet could carry me. I stumbled and fell, blood scrapped across my legs, I still ran faster than any show horse I had ever ridden.
Kiss me hard before you go
I stopped once I saw the small, white bungalow with the metal fence around it. My feet dug into the gravel driveway as I saw Dallas Winston on the porch. He only nodded sadly and walked inside. I stayed at the end of the driveway as Soda walked out and shivered.
"Baby you're gonna get sick standing out in the rain, go home, please," he trembled, but I shook my head.
He nodded and turned on his heels, going to walk back inside. I sprinted up the driveway and grabbed his face in both of my hands, pulling him to me. His hands found my waist and he kissed hard, his lips massaging mine and his arms pulling me closer to him. Soon my hands found his hair that was now drenched.
Summertime sadness
"I have to leave by morning," I whispered, gasping for air.
"I know," he mumbled back.
"Kiss me," I begged and he nodded, our lips meeting again.
I just wanted you to know
"Baby, I'm not gonna forget about you," he assures, walking me home.
"But you'll find someone. I want you to. I want you to forget about me so you can go find someone better, Handsome," I trembled into his chest, his arm securely around me.
"Not for awhile, darling. I told you, you're the girl for me, I'll wait. I'll write. This isn't stopping us, we'll make it work," he demanded but I shook my head.
"Soda, you don't get it. I ain't coming back. I gotta go to college and I gotta help my parents out there. I can't come back, Soda. You gotta get over me," I assured, tears falling hard on my cheek.
That baby you're the best
"Goddamnit don't you realize I ain't gonna find another girl! I told you the first time you doubted me that you're the girl for me and I ain't gonna let anything come between us! I don't care how far away you are, you're mine! I ain't finding some other broad, you're the one for me!" He yelled in the middle of the road, tears pounding down his face too as I leaned against my fence, tears falling harder as I nodded and fiddled with the promise ring he gave me.
I got that summertime sadness
He moved in closer to me, arms engulfing me and his lips pressed against mine in a saddened, begging way. I kissed him back, letting him know he was right and that I'd figure it out. Tears and rain pelted our skin as we stumbled away, gasping for air.
"You're gonna get sick," I mumbled, trembling and crying.
"I love you more than anything," he whispered, pecking my lips again.
"I love you more, Soda," I whispered back.
He walked away, slumping down the street as I struggled to walk up the steps without running back to him. We both looked back too many times to count before I walked into my house. Everyone was asleep as I sat on my bed, rain water soaking the sheets. I stared at the metal glistening from the moving truck.
Summertime sadness