56:Im leaving

Flashback - 2 years ago

I had just landed in Miami 2 weeks ago when i got the first message from Danny letting me know how Billie was.

Messages
Danny

Billie's been acting weird.I dont know what to do.

What do you mean shes been acting weird?

She never really smiles anymore and shes really closed off.

I knew this was going to happen.

Yeah but its not only that. Sometimes she goes into a room with Finneas,Maggie, Zoe or Drew and doesn't let anyone else in. Sometimes there's screaming, other times she throws things and sometimes she just cries.

I wish i could be there for her and try to help but i don't know how i can. Please just make sure she has a shit ton of burritos and rosarita beans, make sure the office is always on and give her time to spend with her family and friends

———

I used to get text messages like these all the time.

Billie is locked in the bathroom she doesn't want to come out.

Billie isn't sleeping.

Billie has night terrors that are getting worst.

Billie's having more tics.

Billie punched a wall today. She's ok but she almost broke her knuckles.

Billie cried on stage today singing 'i love you'

They used to hurt me so much. Knowing she was in pain and I couldn't do anything about it. Knowing that i was the reason she's not happy anymore.

In the back of my head i always have this underlying feeling of regret. The feeling lingers all the time but u never think about it too much because I can't go back on what i did.

I looked up at the couple.

Jennifer:I did what i thought was best for her.

Claudia:She was really hurt after you left.

I nodded my head showing her I understood. Finneas' phone began to ring, he looked up at me and gave me a look before accepting the call.

Finneas:Hey bil. Yeah we are still here, why?

His eyes suddenly got really wide.

Finneas:What no dont come-

The bell indicating that someone had walked in rang. I felt this pang in my chest. I turned around slowly, and saw Billie standing there. She looked different but the same. Her hair was now green at the roots and her eyes still had the shine that they had before but it's now a little dimmer.

I saw her face morph from confusion,to an emotion I didn't recognize and then to anger. She looked over my shoulder at Finneas and Claudia who both looked shocked.

Billie:What the fuck is she doing here?

Finneas:We saw her here and sat down to talk.

Billie:Im leaving.

She turned around to leave but i got up.

Jennifer:Billie, can you please let me explain what happened.

Billie:You left, what is there to explain.

Her eyes began to get really shiny which i knew that it meant she was about to cry. Out of instinct i hugged her and for a second, just a second, she relaxed in my arms.

Soon after she pushed me away. She looked angry but hurt at the same time.

Billie:You decided to walk out. So now stay away.

With that she just walked away. I saw her get in her car and just drive away. I took a deep breath and let it out through my mouth trying to keep my calm exterior.

I turned back around to Finneas and Claudia who sat there with a mixture of sadness and shock. I smiled at them.

Jennifer:I have to get going, I can't leave Yulianna and Yuliet alone for too long, they might get arrested.

I laughed a little and waved bye to them. They said bye and smiled at me. I walked out to my car and began to drive.

Im not about to cry.

Im not about to cry.

Im not about to cry.

And then a tear slipped out.

Authors note:Hey babies❤️ did you guys see Billie's ig story? That girl was wildinggg🤣