Chapter 1

Akansha POV

"didi, do it fast"-my younger sister aranya literally screamed at me."I am ready from last one hour , everyone has reached there, please di I don't want to get late".
"am so sorry aru (nickname of aranya), I didn't  do it intentionally, you know na I was working on that drawing and I didn't realise the amout of  time it took"- I told my sister to pacify her.
"By the way, Go to khusi room and check if she is ready or not"- I asked aru and she  did as told.  After Aru left my room, I started combing my hair, did a light make up and finally applied kajal in my eyes. These emotionless  eyes  are staring back at me and I try to find the same zeal which it had but all I could get was  empty feelings coming out of it.

Ignoring all these emotions , I finally applied a little lip gloss and pick up the  matching dupatta that was lying on the bed.

After setting the dupatta properly, I was fully ready for the event. I went to khusi room to see if she is  ready or not. Khusi is the daughter of my chachu( father' brother) Mr Naresh Malhotra. He is married to Ritu chachi and they have 2 kids khusi and Shravan. khusi and shravan are fraternal twins.
When I reached khusi room, the scene in front of me got me tensed. We are already running late and these girls have created a mess in the room.  khusi was not ready till now and was still in her t-shirts and pajamas.

When I got near them khusi told me" oh thank god di you are here,Now come and help me choose a dress for the event".

I laid my eyes on the two dresses which were lying on the bed. One was of pink color and other was light purple. I told her to wear whichever she likes and she told me she likes pink dress but aranya says she will look good in light purple dres. So she is confused what to wear

I opened her cupboard and picked a cream colour dress and told her to wear it.She will look gorgeous in it. Khusi excitedly hugged me and exclaimed"god, didi you are always a saviour for me".

I smiled a bit and told her not to butter me up. khusi with her mischievous smile said"didi when did I buttered you " and me and aranya narrowed our eyes at her. " go wear the dress and get ready fast"- I told her.
She got her signal and hurriedly went to change her dress.

Me and Aranya were left in the room and aranya started using her social media. I got near to the window and started staring at the skies .It is filled with clouds. It is looking like rain will come anytime soon.

For some rain will remind them of romantic and happy times and for some these same rains will be a memory of disastrous  things.
For me the latter part fits the best. It wasn't always the case that i didn't like rain but some incidents change your perceptions about certain things.

I was deep in my thoughts when khusi came and said" I am ready,let's go". I nodded my head and we three left the room.
We all three sat in the car and the driver started it take us at our destination. After half an hour drive braving through delhi traffic , we managed to reach the venue, The Maurya Hotel.

Aranya and khusi were chatting all along the drive But I was quiet. It doesn't mean that I wasn't happy but sometimes silence does it works.

The driver dropped  us at the main gate of the hotel and went to park the car. While entering into the hotel, my gut feelings were telling me that something is not gonna happen right today.(Author View- I know this part is too cliche but its a fictional story so please bear it).

I shook off the negative feelings that were coming in my head and pressed the lift button to take us to floor where the main event is going to take place.

The hall was full of people  and suddenly I heard someone was calling my name
Akansha Akansha.....

***************************

Thank you  for your precious time.

See you soon