Chapter 33

Slight Mature Content Ahead

It has been three  weeks since  their wedding. The reception function also took place  smoothly without any  problems arising. Both the families  were happy and excited for their kids new life.

It was 10 pm in the night  when Veer returned to his home after a busy day at office. The home which was now feeling empty. His parents have left for London two days ago to drop  his sister at her college and also to  meet some of their relatives  who couldn't  come to his wedding. Now this house was resident of only two people who interacted with each other only for who can give the best reply to each other in taunting competition.

Discarding his suit jacket  on the couch in the  living room, he proceeded to  fold his cuffs.

"Has Madam returned from  her parents home??"- He asked the servant.

" She  has. She returned early in the evening"- The servant replied to his query.

"She directly went to her room. I tried to call her out for the dinner also but she didn't came out"-  The servant continued speaking while giving him a glass of water.

When Veer opened the door  of his room , pitch black darkness welcomed him.  This darkness was suffocating him so he tried to find the light switches. But Before he could do that , he heard sobbing voices from some corner of his room.

"Akansha"-  He called her name but didn't got any reply.

" Akansha"-  he spoke loudly and switched on the light. But the sight in front of his eyes created doubts in his mind.

Akansha was sitting on the floor in a corner putting her head down on her knees and wrapping her both hands around it. Seeing this Veer rushed towards her and bent to her  level on his knees.

"Akansha"- He gently tapped on her shoulders and asked her in his normal voice not the angry or taunting one but got no response. He lifted her face and cupped it in his hands. To his shock, her eyes had become bloodshot red like she has been crying for hours. Another thing he noticed that her eyes held fear , pure fear and her lips were  trembling.

"What happened?"- He made her look into his eyes and she clutched his forearms tightly.

"Accident............. Accident"- she stuttered while fresh tears again came out of her eyes. Veer was first shocked to hear the accident word from her mouth but then he noticed that she was physically fit and fine.

"what accident.........what are you talking about??"-   He was trying not to force her to give answer but her silence was scaring him.

"The ....accident..... which .... destroyed .........me"-  She said taking heavy breaths in between while her words were sounding coded puzzle to him. He was getting restless looking at her dishevelled condition.

Her crying was getting louder and she started thrashing her hands at him trying to push him.

"Go from here. Leave me alone"- she yelled at him. Her vision started getting blur due  to the tears and her body was shivering.

He leaned more towards and held her hair  but she was struggling in his hold.

"Just go "- She  held his collar. Her tear filled eyes were stuck at his face.

"I am not going anywhere"-. He held her hands  on his collar and tried to slowly remove it.  He had to scream to make her silent while she looked at him with terror in her eyes.Instead of pacifying her, he had scared her more.

Realising that he has made the situation worst for her, he changed the expressions on his face and hugged her. He tightly hold her shivering body  and tried to make her calm.