Chapter 26

I stood up from my sitting position seeing his sudden changed behaviour. He wanted me to have for a night and he has got a free reign to do whatever he wants in this room , then why he left me.

I went where he was sitting. His heavenly masculine cologne was already wrecking my system but I gathered courage to open my mouth and asked" why did you stop Veer??".

"so you are this desperate for me to touch you"- his reply shook me to the core.

I took a step back and replied "I didn't mean it that way".

"I know very well what type of girl you are. Don't do your drama of being  a poor innocent girl in front of me"- he replied.

"You know why I invited you here??"- he screamed in his angry voice. I am still standing here keeping my mout shut.

"Then listen !!I  loved you!! I loved you Akansha. with all of my heart but look what I got your betrayal. I wanted to punish  you for breaking my heart and killing an innocent....'"- he stopped his sentence in the middle and looked into my eyes. The pain and anger was quite visible in his eyes.

"I wanted to make you feel ashamed of yourself for spending  a night with me just like cheap call girls do it for money. But I can't bring myself to touch a dirty thing like . I can't come to your level of low."

His dagger like words were piercing my heart. His angry outburst on my betrayal was something which I was expectating.

I understood his plan. He is not really going to have physical relationship with me, he just called me here to make me feel ashamed of myself for spending a night with a him for Money and business.But the next line he spoke literally broke me.

"Sometimes I think that it was good that you aborted the baby else he/ she would be unfortunate to have a selfish mother like ...."- Before he could complete the sentence , I gave him a tight slap.

"How could you say this Veer ?? How could you"- I am clutching his shirt tightly but before I could hear his reaction , darkness consumed me.

Next Morning

I opened my eyes and realise that it's morning time. I looked for Veer but he was nowhere to be found. Suddenly my sight fell on a piece of paper lying on bedside table. I opened it and found a note in Veer handwriting.

"have paid the room bill

You are free to go now

Veer Shergill"

My tears fell on that note but I composed myself  and collected my duppatta and phone and exited the room

I was driving back to my home but stopped my car in front of the temple and came out of it. It is morning time so there is more crowd present here. I went inside and sat in a corner.Elders, family with kids , newly married couples all kind of people were here, some to express gratitude to God , some to fulfill their desire But I was here for my inner peace.

I was lost in my thoughts when I suddenly heard Abhishek name. I opened my eyes to see is he  really present here but it turned out to be some mother calling their kid named Abhishek. I took a breathe of relief but my peacefulness didn't lasted when I remembered what I had done. I agreed to his marriage proposal thinking of my family happiness but after  sharing the same space with Veer even for  a few hours, I realised that I can't share my heart with anyone else because it is still stuck with Veer. Isn't it would be  considered cheating on my part if my heart and soul still thinks of Veer and my body is present with Abhishek after marriage. This wouldn't be fair with Abhishek. He is a good guy and he deserves a life partner who would give 100 percent in the marriage not like me who will stay in the marriage relationship just for the namesake of it and society.