Chapter 42

Dressed in royal finery and most precious jewels, Akansha was looking at the tree from her bedroom window. She was looking ethereal in her peach and pastel mix up lehenga with matching but light jewellery. Her dewy make up was giving an extra pop to her beautiful face.

 Her dewy make up was giving an extra pop to her beautiful face

(Akansha look)

She was particularly watching the sparrow nest which was on one of the trees. She remembered how the mother sparrow cared for its little ones, feeding them, nurturing them and protecting them from all dangers.

"How's my daughter doing"- His voice didn't startled her. She has been habitual to this voice now which has essence of indefinite love for her.

She slowly got up from her sitting position and turned her back to face him

"How many times I have told you that it's not going to be your daughter. It's going to be my son"- Akansha said and looked at his tired appearance.

"How about twins. Our both wishes will get fulfilled in this manner "- he teased her and gently pulled her towards him.

He wrapped his strong hands around her in protective manner and She threw her arms around his neck but her 7 month pregnant belly was acting as a barrier between them in not coming them too close.

"It still feels like a dream  I am having and I am afraid that this beautiful dream might get break"- she said looking at Veer with tears lurking behind her eyes. The beautiful dream of becoming a mother. The past 3 years felt like a blessing  to Akansha. Getting a mother- in- law and father- in- law who loved her like their own daughter was indeed a true blessing.  A husband like Veer who makes her feel beautiful, protected , loved and taken care of. And Now her child who wil make her dream world complete.

"I won't let this beautiful dream  get ever broken. It's my promise to you"- he said kissing her forehead.

Flashback

Veer and Akansha returned from a party quite late in the evening. Veer removed his blazer and plopped down on the bed. Akansha was removing her earrings when she felt some sensation in her stomach. She took deep breaths and tried to control it  but it wasn't working.

She rushed inside the washroom and threw up her dinner. Her straight long black hair was disturbing her eyes.

She looked in the mirror. Tears escaped her eyes when she realised what it could mean. She was feeling nauseated from last few days.  She mentally calculated her last period date and her heartbeat accelerated when all the indications aligned in a proper manner of what she was thinking.

Veer too followed her inside the washroom and felt tension forming in his heart seeing her condition. She was sitting on the floor shedding big fatty tears. He went to her and bend down to her level.