Chapter 35

2 days have been passed since Veer confessed his feelings to Akansha in the rain. Akansha wants to set things right between them , tell everything to Veer but it seems like luck is  not on her side at this moment.

She kept waiting for the right time but it didn't came for her. Veer was very busy in these 2 days. He would leave for his work when she would just open her eyes in the morning and return back late in the night when she  would have slept. She knew that he was passionate towards his work, so she didn't interfere in his schedule.

Her in-law's  also returned previous night from London and now at the moment she was overwhelmed by the gifts that her mother in law has brought for her.

Akansha was busy unwrapping the gifts with her mother in law sitting besides her when they both saw Veer passing by them.

"Veer"- Mrs Shergill called out her son.

"Yes Mom"- He replied.

"Come and Sit here"- His mother commanded him and he did as told.

Mrs Shergill picked  a beautiful cover which was lying on the glass table  and handed it to Veer  who looked bemused at his mother's action. He slightly bent down his head  and looked at the cover in his hands and then turned his gaze towards his mother.

"What's this mom??"- He asked his mother who had a warm smile on her face.

"Open it and See yourself".

Veer tore the cover and took out  2 cards from it which looked more like tickets of something. He looked at his mother in questioning manner. Akansha too was not understanding what was happening between the mother son duo.

"These are for you two"- His mother opened her mouth to say." Tickets for A candlelight dinner in City Lake Select hotel".

Both Veer and Akansha looked at each other awkwardly upon hearing the candlelight dinner. They both got blank for a few seconds.

"You both are newly married and should enjoy this new phase of life.It will not come again.You also didn't went for honeymoon making excuses of office work"- she continued and gave a disappointing look to Veer who was stunned by his mother words.

And then She turned her head towards Akansha whose eyes were lowered not because of fear but because of anxiety problems."And you akansha knock some senses into your  workaholic husband.Neither he gives you time nor you demand it.How will you both then understand each other??".

"Spend time with each other and try to know about your other halves"- Akansha lifted her eyes to see the face of a woman who has the expectations of bright married life for her son and daughter in law in her eyes and this somehow filled her heart with love and  more respect for her mother in law.

"I don't want any Tantrums from both of you. You both are going and it's an order".Patting Akansha cheeks with love, she stood from there and went away leaving the lovebirds in an uncomfortable situation.

The decoration of fragrant roses and flickering glow of scented candles  were truly making it a romantic dinner date.  The pleasant piano tune playing in the background was soft on the ears. All the essential ingredients of making a perfect night was there.
The ambience was so much relaxing and and making it so much easier  to slip into romantic mood for the mostly young couples present there.

"You look stunning"- Veer directed his complement  at Akansha while taking a sip of his drink.It was true that The dim light was adding charm to her face. Akansha who was busy devouring the tasty food choked at her husband sudden praise of herself but internally she was gleaming with unbound joy. She was happy that at least he was making efforts in their relationship even without knowing the reality.