Chapter 14

"what the hell"

"don't you have eyes girl"- he said annoyingly to her.

"well mister whatever your name is ,  I do have eyes but I think you forgot you too have eyes.  That's why you couldn't see coming  with two cups of coffee in this crowd and clashed with me."- she replied back to him.

"First you made a mistake  and instead of apologising here you are arguing with me and justifying it"- he said.

"I am not arguing with you. You are arguing with me"- she replied angrily at him.

Here Sugandha was waiting for Akansha and after sometime she started searching for her in the crowd. She saw that akansha was talking to someone and she could clearly feel that she was in angry mood.
She decided to go there and find out what's happening.

When she went near them she found that both were arguing over something.

"What happened akansha why are you standing here"- she asked.

Before akansha could answer he said"ask your friend..... she spilled coffee on my shoes and instead of feeling sorry she is debating with me".

Instead of further aggravating the situation, sugandha chose to apologise "I am sorry on behalf of my friend" and pulled akansha towards her and took her from there.

She could feel that akansha was still fuming in anger and said"let it go yaar......
stop fretting over such small incident".

"why did you apologise ... by mistake the coffee spilled  and he could have  also have avoided the clash.  He talked rudely to me . If you hadn't apologised , I would have taught him a lesson today on how to talk with girls"- akansha said.

Sugandha chose not to speak but after sometime she said"I think I must have seen him somewhere. Can't remember it now".

"He is not some superstar that you will remember his face"- akansha said in amused tone.

After thinking for sometime she suddenly said "Now I remember it. When I first came here for my admission purpose, I was strolling through the various  rooms and entered into this particular room. It was the place where the names and photos of that persons were kept who had excelled in academics and other co- curricular activities. I had seen his photo in that frame. He must be topper."

"Let it go. Why are you wasting time  by thinking about that mannerless girl"- Romil said to him.
"Exactly. She is not that much importance that you are giving her"- Rohan said echoing the sentiments of Romil.

She must be new here I think. She must not know who you are. That's why she dared  to argue with "VEER SHERGILL".- Rohan again said.

Rohan and Romil Garg are the most close friends of Veer. They have been together from the last 3 years as they all have studied in the same course that is BBA  from Saint Joseph and now pursuing post graduate degree in MBA from the same college itself.

"I don't want to see the face of that girl again. How she behaved with me like this. She literally  started a fight with me. If that friend of her has not come on time,  I would have make her apologise at that moment itself"- veer said to his friends  and they understood that their friend is angry. Very angry with that particular girl. They chose not to talk about this matter further.

one month later

It has been since   akansha academic course started and she was fully engrossed in it.She  has started to enjoy the  college life but still missed her family but sugandha was constant support for her.

Both Akansha and Veer didn't came in contact with each other after that coffee episode even if they were studying in same college. Sometimes akansha would  see veer with his friends  here and there in college but that was all. Nothing more that.

In all of this akansha had come to known that veer is quite a popular guy in the campus. He was famous and hit with girls too. Nobody dared to mess with him. He had created a reputation for himself in these 3 years. Even though most of the time he bunked his classes, he would always pass with highest marks and become topper. Even his professors were amazed by this thing.

"Let's go akansha , we are already late for the session. I doubt that we will even get a spared seat to sit or not"-sugandha said to her.

"I know you are very excited for the joint session of Our class and that MBA students but calm down girl!!! we will not get late"- akansha replied.

They both were just entering the classroom when akansha mobile rang and she saw that call was coming from her mother. She excused herself and went to pick the call but not before instructing sugandha to save a seat for her.

After speaking with her mother akansha entered into the class but was surprised to see the whole classroom full  with students. Not a single chair to sit on. Even the adjacent seats of sugandha  were occupied . Sugandha saw akansha and gave a sorry expression to her for not securing space for her.

Akansha again searched whole classroom for a spare seat and her eyes finally caught a vacant seat. She hurriedly went to that chair and sat on it before somebody else could. She finally breathe with relief.

She  saw that a boy was sitting next to her and playing games. It was none other than Veer himself. He turned up his head from phone to see  who sat next to him . Both of them  saw each other and simultaneously said "not you again".

At the same time the professor entered the classroom and there was pin drop silence.

The professor started to speak up "you people must be wandering why we have taken a joint session of  designing class and MBA".

The whole class was puzzled. He continued to speak "Its because we have to make an important announcement . We have decided to organise a joint trekking trip of both the classes. We have taken such a step so that coordination between both the classes increase. In the past we have seen that there has been bitter clashes between both the parties. So this trip will act as bridge formation between them".

Akansha was  trying attentively listen to what professor was saying but her mind  was going towards veer who was playing games whose vibrating sound was annoying her.

"will you please not use your phone. I am not able to concentrate on what he is saying"- she said.

"So now you have problem with my phone too. You can't order me around. I will do what I want"- he said mocking her.

Akansha thought of replying but chose to ignore him.

"One last thing I forget to tell you that It is compulsory for all  students to participate in this event. If he/ she fails  fail to mark their presence  at trip, they will not be allowed to  take college internal exams which means your grades will hugely suffer. No excuses for not attending the trip will be entertained."- the professor said   at the end of lecture.

*****************************

Thanks for reading.