Chapter 36

Wrapping her both hands around herself, Akansha was staring in the deep darkness through the car windows. She has stopped crying now but her face still held the pain. Her sobs has died down but what about the pain in her heart which kept on growing with each moment.

Veer was focusing on driving but he understood one thing that his Akansha was hurt , very hurt. But why??

He really never wanted to hurt Akansha in any way. How could he hurt the person he loved the most. All the taunts and angry words were just spoken by him in the heat of moment. He never really meant any of it.

Of course he was hurt by her betrayal but it didn't meant that he wanted to see his Akansha broken and lifeless just like she was appearing to him now.

He just wanted her to realise her mistake but never in his life, he wanted Akansha to be this weak.

Pulling back himself from his thoughts, he stopped the car in front of his home and leaned back in his seat. He closed his eyes and felt blankness creeping in his heart.

He was getting drenched in the blissful memories of their past. The memories were running like trains inside his head, one after the other.Before he could understand what was happening to him , his heart recreated the moments of chaotic happiness and euphoric pain that he had spent with her.

The chaotic happiness was the one when they both confessed their love to each other and he kissed her for the first time and the euphoric pain was the time when she slept with him.

His reverie was broken when he heard a tapping sound. He opened his eyes to see that It was Akansha who was trying to open the locks.

Opening the car lock, she pushed the door slowly and started walking aimlessly towards the entrance of house. He followed her trail and they both entered the house after some servant opened the gates for them.

Seeing the lights off in the whole house, Veer assumed that his parents might have slept off and he was thankful for that because it would have been embarrassing for them to see their darling daughter- in -law in this condition.

Akansha kept her one hand on the staircase railing for support and proceeded to keep her first step on the stairs when she felt a light jolt. She was walking in wobbly manner and couldn't balance herself. Seeing her helplessness , Veer took fast steps towards her.

He picked her up in his arms and started climbing the stairs. She too didn't resisted his actions. Akansha was just staring at his face when all of a sudden she brought her hand forward and started tracing his lips with her fingers.

"I missed you. I missed you Veer"- she whispered. A tear escaped from her eye at that overwhelming moment. He stopped moving and stood at one place.

He looked at her with a gale of emotions in eyes. But he was not conflicted this time.He understood that the women he was carrying so intimately in his arms was his wife, his lover, his Akansha. "I missed you too........I really did"- The words automatically came out of Veer mouth.