Chapter 28

"What are you making bhabhi"

"Gajar halwa(carrot sweet dish)"- kavya replied.

"oh!! looks like bhaiya will have a treat today"- Kavya blushed at Akansha reply."It's his favourite".

"Looks  Like you have become too naughty Akansha"-  Kavya said raising her eyebrows and Akansha mouthed sorry making a puppy face.

Kavya smiled at her and put a spoonful of halwa into her mouth "Now tell me how is it made??".

"It's yummy !!!!".

Both Akansha and Kavya were chit-chatting with each other when  Arpit came there.Before he could speak anything , Akansha shoved the halwa in his mouth and said " kavya bhabhi has made this especially for you". His expression were telling that the dish was indeed very tasty.

"Thank you so much"- He applauded kavya and proceeded to say something.

"I have a arranged a small party at our house this Friday night".
Both the ladies raised their eyebrows in surprise at the word "Party".

"Nothing big. just a small  party with our close circle friends and business associates "- he continued.

"Oh".

"and yeah I have invited our new business partner as well.
Veer Shergill"- His name was enough to make Akansha heartbeat run faster. She clutched the kitchen slab to support herself and acted like she has no interest in this particular person coming.

"It's the least we can do to show our gratitude towards him. He has helped in our worst time when everything went against us"- how wrong it was for her bhaiya to think like this about the person who was the root cause of their business problems, Akansha thought to herself but she can't say anything.

He has made himself a saviour in front of her family and and all he had done was to extract revenge from her because he was heartbroken by her "supposed" betrayal. A betrayal which never happened in reality.

Akansha excused herself from there  and went out of the kitchen. She again came to the kitchen to take something but haulted her steps when she noticed her bhaiya and bhaiya were lost in their own sweet world. Kavya was teasing Arpit with the halwa  and he forcefully feeded himself with her hands. A smile spread on Akansha lips.

The romance between Arpit and kavya  reminded  her of her beautiful past, a past which could have been her present and future if certain events had not happened in her life.  She loved the understanding and compatibility between her bhaiya and bhabhi and wished for same had she and Veer gotten married.

She took back her steps and went from there.

Friday Night

Akansha was combing her hair sitting in front of the large mirror when Aranya barged in her room.

"Don't be so boring di"- Aranya said  annoyingly  when she noticed that her sister was again going for the simple straight partition hair look. She  grabbed a hair curler  and made her sister sit straight and worked on her hair.

"I don't like these stuffs Aru, you know that"- Akansha said but Aranya  was not paying heeds to her sister demands and continued.

After making soft curls on Akansha hair which were gently falling on her shoulders, She also outlined her eyes with Kohl. The kohl laden eyes were making her eyes look bigger and more beautiful.

Akansha looked into the mirror and noticed that her sister has gone out all in making her pretty face.

"It's not like some boy is coming to see me for marriage alliance"- She huffed at her sister who was grinning sheepishly.