Chapter 24

Veer was really tensed  as he had been trying to communicate with Akansha after he returned to dehradoon but it's like  she had stopped all communication paths with him.
He had seen her state of mind was not good  when he left her last time before going to his family. He was having constant nagging feeling that his Akansha was in very much pain and he was not present  with her to comfort her.

He was sitting in his bedroom contemplating things when the door bell of his home rang. He stood  from his position and opened  the door . Sugandha was present on the other side.

"Hey Sugandha ,  I was going to call you"- Veer said to her and invited her inside

"Veer I have come to give you something important"- she replied and took out something from her purse.

She gave it to Veer. It was a file.

"what's this"- he asked her.

"see yourself Veer and read it"- she replied.

After this,  When Veer read the contexts of it, th file slipped  from his hand and anger was visible in his eyes.

"Is it true??"- he asked her  and his tone was scaring Sugandha.

"Yes"- she stuttered.

The file was the fake abortion report of Akansha instead of her miscarriage that she made by pleading Doctor Jaya.

"Are you kidding me"- his voice was urging her to tell that of course she was kidding but she can't do that.

"It's true Veer , whatever written in it is absolutely true".

"I am her friend and I will not lie something big this like "- She  was carefully selecting her words so that she doesn't give any hint about her own inner trouble for lying about her friend. Moreover she wasn't lying fully ,she was just misplacing her word, they indeed has lost their child but not due to abortion but because of miscarriage.

Veer fell on his knees clutching the  papers in his fist.  His head was spinning thinking how could Akansha do these ?? The girl who couldn't bear others pain in front of her eyes has killed their  own unborn baby but why.........

Sugandha left him in that state only because honestly if she stayed a moment longer there, she would have told him the truth about Akansha condition but she cannot break her vow given to her friend. She knows that both her friend Akansha and Veer are in deep pain and it's nobody fault.

He was still  lying on the floor when his phone rang continuously. He didn't pick it up but when it didn't stop, he saw the caller id, it was of Akansha . He wanted to hear it from her own mouth. He just can't believe a piece of paper. He picked up the phone.

"Hi Veer"- her voice was emotionless like she didn't care about anything.

"Akansha, what is this nonsense all about"- he literally screamed in th phone.

"Answer it. Damnit"

She couldn't have courage to even listen his agony filled voice but she masked her emotions well.

"So , you got the  abortion papers that I send to you  by Sugandha"- The words abortion were breaking her heart but she has to do it.

"so , this is all true what is written in it"- he asked her but this time his voice was calm which was disturbing Akansha.

"Yes"- she controlled her sobbing . She can't afford to fail in her endeavour to make Veer hate her and move forward in his life.

"Why ??? Why did you do that"- he questioned her. His why was breaking her heart. It was good that nobody was sitting with her at this moment else she would have reveal everything to them.