Chapter 31

Wedding Day

The girl in the mirror looked a little different from the Akansha we all know. The girl is dressed in traditional red lehenga with heritage jewellery adorning her neck in the form of large  raani haar  which has meenakari work  big round jumkas in both ears,  the intricate maangtika was covering  her hair partition and the bridal nath(nose ring) was giving her the feel of new bride
and lastly the fresh mogra flowers tied to her bun which was filling the surroundings with its sweet fragrance. Akansha looked at her reflection and realised that she was fully dressed for the wedding.

She was looking at her Mehendi clad hands Where  Veer name was inscribed in small letters when her mobile pinged.  A message has popped on the mobile screen. She picked the mobile and wrote back a reply and send it. You all must be guessing with whom she was chatting on her wedding night!!!

Her best friend!!!

Yes, she is chatting with Sugandha  who couldn't make it to the wedding of her best friend because she is struck in California due to some official work. She was willing to come to Akansha wedding on her own personal risk and had book flight tickets also of  one day prior to Akansha wedding but at the last moment the flight got cancelled due to weather issues.

Akansha was messaging  about nervousness, excitement , anxiety that she was feeling at the moment  to Sugandha who was consoling her friend that it was normal for any new bride to feel like this.

Akansha mother came in the room and seeing her daughter  in all bridal ensemble, she got teary eyed. Afterall , this was the day she was waiting for all these years to see her daughter like a bride. Akansha noticed her mother getting emotional  so she stood up and faced her mother.

Her mother gave a sweet peck on her forehead and then took her hands in her own.

"Akansha beta, you are my first daughter. You will always be very special to me and your father. I and your father have always thought best for you and this marriage is also one of them"- Akansha suddenly hugged her mother and her mother comforted her ,stroking her hands on her back.

"Every relationship demands understanding and patience to work and so does marriage. Give time and love to your marriage , it will work wonders for your relationship"-  Her mother was advising her and she simply nodded her head.

"And......."- Her mother voice cracked and she couldn't complete her sentence.

"And what Maa??"- Akansha got  tensed seeing her mother worried face.

"Try to forget whoever was in your past ...............and that thing also".

Akansha suddenly left the hold of her mother hands. Her mother was indirectly telling her to forget her baby something which was impossible for her . Her steps were taking her back when some ladies entered the room and took her mother  with them for completing some rituals.

"I haven't forgotten my Promise Maa but time is still not appropriate to tell you".