Chapter 31: Revealed

Taehyung had no choice, Jungkook fell asleep on his shoulder. He put Jungkook's arm on his shoulder, carefully carrying him inside Jimin's house.

"Taehyung, what you took so-- what he's doing here?" Jimin interrupted himself on his first sentence when he saw Taehyung carrying Jungkook.

"I saw him outside, he's drunk and I can't just leave him there. It's cold outside." Taehyung explained.

"Why he drank if he can't control himself?" Jimin mumbled shaking his head.

"I'll take care of him, hyung, don't worry, he'll leave tomorrow." Taehyung stated.

"Yeah, yeah, good night." Jimin simply replied and he went to his room.

Taehyung brought Jungkook to his room. He threw him on the bed, sighing in relief.

"He's heavy" Taehyung muttered.

He changed Jungkook's clothes since he can't spare his strong scent. He just laid on the couch with Jungkook on his bed.

Jungkook groaning in pain, his head hurts. He opened his eyes and grumbled curses under his breath because of pain.

"You're awake, here's pain killer, drink it." Taehyung said and gave the pain killer.

Jungkook stared at Taehyung, slapping himself for assuring that he wasn't dreaming. He jolted up on the bed, looking at Taehyung with his round eyes.

"Stop staring and drink this." Taehyung huffed annoyed.

Jungkook hurriedly swallowed down the pain killer and hissed a little.

"You can take a bath and leave after. Jimin hyung doesn't want to see you." Taehyung simply said, throwing the extra clothes in front of Jungkook.

"Tuh-Taehyung." Jungkook uttered.

"What?" Taehyung responded, glaring at him.

"About the divorce, you were lying about it, right?" Jungkook inquired, looking at Taehyung with hoping eyes.

"What's the purpose of our marriage? Besides, you just force me to marry you. You arrange marriage me to you and claimed me. We don't love each other, our marriage is useless." Taehyung retorted.

"But I love you." Jungkook muttered under his breath.

"Please, once you are done, leave this house. I don't want to see Jimin fighting with you." Taehyung said and held the doorknob.

"I-If I didn't kill your parents, do you think your life will be normal as you expected?" Jungkook suddenly asked which made Taehyung frozen.

"Of course, I'm sure my life will be a normal person. Not in this situation." Taehyung replied.

"You're wrong, if I didn't kill them, your life will be worst." Jungkook stated.

"What are you saying?" Taehyung asked, glancing at him curiously.

"They sold you to the old pervert man, that's their plan." Jungkook said.

"You're lying, they wouldn't do that to me. They love me, they took care of me." Taehyung defended.

"What are you saying they love you? No, they love you because you reach your legal age and they can did their plans. They let you spoil but in fact, the money they spent on you was from Mr. Jing, the one who will buy you." Jungkook explained.

"Stop making stories to cover your lies!" Taehyung added but deep inside, he shouldn't know what should he believe.

"I'm not lying! I'm a mafia, Taehyung, I can investigate and find any conclusions. And I found about their plans. Besides corrupting me, they didn't pay their debt. I didn't want to cover my lies, I want you to know about it. You're hating me because I killed them, but in fact, I save you. The time I met you that was the day they will give you to Mr. Jing. You didn't know Mr. Jing, he hazed his wife, making his daughter prostitute, and forcing his son to sell drugs. Tell me Taehyung, is that life you wanted to have?" Jungkook continued.

"No, tell me, tell me you're lying! J-Jungkook, tell me, it's a lie, right?" Taehyung asked grabbing Jungkook's collar.

Jungkook cupped Taehyung's cheeks, wiping out his tears.

"I want it to be a lie too, but Taehyung, it wasn't a lie. I have proof of it, I have evidence about their negotiation to sell you." Jungkook stated.

Taehyung can't handle it, it is just so unbelievable for him to believe in that.

"I can show my proof if you want to so you can believe in me again. The only wrong I did to you is I killed them in front of you. I'm not a monster, Taehyung." Jungkook added.

Taehyung just fell on the floor, crying out while covering his eyes.

Jungkook wasn't lying, Taehyung's parents were sold him to Mr. Jing, the worst man, and husband yet he have a lot of money to cover all his issues about his true identity. Jungkook found out about that after he saw Taehyung and he investigated him and his family to see if he can trust Taehyung and of course, to know if Taehyung is a spy.

"Wuh-why? Why they did that? I tried to be a good son to them but why?" Taehyung cried.

Jungkook climbed off the bed, sitting in front of Taehyung. He remove Taehyung's hands from his eyes to held his cheeks.

"They aren't the perfect parents you've expected, Taehyung. They were protecting you because they will get money from you. But Taehyung, I can protect you but you have to trust me. I can be a man for you, I know I cheated but I didn't mean it. It's okay for me if you want to hurt me but please, don't leave me. I truly love you, Taehyung. You are the first person who makes me like this. I don't want to let you go because I want to have a future with you." Jungkook explained

"I-I don't know, Jungkook, I'm not sure, please give me space and time to think. I-I'm not ready yet to trust you." Taehyung uttered.

"It's okay, Taehyung, I can wait for you. I'll give you the time and space you need." Jungkook replied.

He pecked Taehyung's forehead, pulling on his lap, and hugging him tightly.

"Stop crying, I don't like seeing you crying like this." Jungkook comforted, caressing Taehyung's back.

Taehyung clutched on him, crying on his shoulder.

Edited
October 10, 2021