Chapter 45: Accident

V was confused, his heart was clenching, he doesn't know the reason why if he's angry or pity for Jungkook? But what should he react to right now? However, he felt odd, this time, he wants to cry to let out his pain.

He wants to go back to Jungkook and hug him tightly like what his heart was telling him.

"V, are you there?" Chanyeol inquired, knocking on the door of V's room.  

V wiped his tears, Chanyeol didn't like seeing him crying or any tears on his face because it was signed of weakness. He stood up, opening the door of his room.

"Yes?" V responded.

"How's the meeting with Jeon?" Chanyeol asked, standing in front of him.

"Everything is okay, he added some deals and I can send it to you later. Just tell me if you want me to come there again." V replied.

"Good, that's what I expected from you. I know you won't fail me." Chanyeol grinned.

V simply hummed in response.

"Anyway, did he ask or tell you something?" Chanyeol asked.

"Nothing, we just talked about the plans but didn't talk any further." V lied.

"Tell me immediately if he tells you something odd, that guy was crazy." Chanyeol added.

"Yeah, you're right." V mumbled.

"I'll go now, just ask me if you have any questions." Chanyeol said, patting V's shoulder.

Chanyeol turned around, V was simply looking at him.

"Wait" V muttered.

Chanyeol turned around, looking at him.

"Yes? Do you have a question?" Chanyeol asked in response.

"Do you perhaps know about Taehyung?" V asked curiously.

Chanyeol was kinda taken aback by his question, he smirked and gazed at him.

"Where did you hear that name?" Chanyeol asked.

"I always hear it when I'm going to his company. I don't know but I think they calling me 'Taehyung'." V stated.

"If someone calls you that again, just ignore it. They might mistake you for someone." Chanyeol uttered.

"But, who is he?" V asked.

"He's no one, I really don't know him that much but he is dead, that's what I heard. Don't mind him, okay?" Chanyeol retorted.

V nodded his head and Chanyeol left him alone.

"What's wrong, Jungkook?" Jin asked when he came inside of Jungkook's room.

"I saw him, hyung, but he didn't remember me. He's too different, I can't even recognize him. What happened to him?" Jungkook asked, hugging his knees.

"You saw him too? I thought I saw the wrong person too. I don't know what happened to him but, he's not the Taehyung we've been known." Jin replied sitting on the bed.

"I don't know how should act to him. When I hug him, he pushed me, when I tried to talk to him, he didn't know me. He was stuck on what I did to his parents. He forgot that he forgive me. Like what he wants, he also wants to kill me." Jungkook stated.

"He got brainwashed, I think they using that advantage. Taehyung is your weakness, that's their purpose for kidnapping Taehyung." Jin sighed.

"I should be happy because he's alive but I felt torturing when he didn't remember me. It hurts me, he's near yet it felt so far. What should I do if he didn't remember me forever? Will he be able to love me back if he only remembered the time I killed his parents?" Jungkook sobbed.

V grunts, his head hurting again. He saw an unknown scene in his mind. He was tugging his hair trying to lessen the pain. He hate this feeling, he felt suffering because of the painful feeling.

He doesn't understand what he was seeing in his mind, most of them just repeating but sometimes, he saw a new scene which made him confused.

He stood up, opening the drawer to take the pills that Chanyeol said will help him. He didn't hesitate to gulp them down. He drinks the water, sighing in relief.

He fell to the ground when suddenly the pain was slowly fading away.

"Who are you? Why are you keep showing it to me?" V mumbled and tears fell in his eyes.

He always saw the same guy, Chanyeol told him it was just because of an accident that's why he kept seeing that someone but for him, it's different, he felt like it was his lost memories. But he wonders, who is that guy?

"V, set up a meeting with Jeon, give this contract back to him." Chanyeol ordered.

It's been 2 days since the meeting and now, he had to meet with Jeon.

"Okay, boss." V obeyed, grabbing the contract.

"Ah, before you go there, check the hideout first. Check if they were doing good and if they need something." Chanyeol added.

V hums in response, he bowed his head and leave the office. He looked up at the blue sky, it's good if he walks to have a short exercise.

He stopped, waiting for the go sign. He was walking on the safe lane not until a car almost crash him. The contract fell on the road which made him annoyed.

"I'm sorry, I can't stop my car, did I hurt you? Do you need help?"

He heard a familiar voice, he looked on his left side, seeing Jungkook. They stared at each other for a while but Jungkook cleared his throat and helped him to collect the files.

"I'm sorry, I didn't notice that it was a red light. I'm sorry." Jungkook uttered when he stood up.

"Next time, be careful. You're lucky I'm in a good mood or else, I already kill you." V grumbled, aggressively taking back the files that Jungkook collected.

"I'm sorry, I'll try to be careful next time." Jungkook muttered.

"Don't cross your path to me, I'll make sure you'll make your own grave." V threatened and he tsk-ed.

He just leave Jungkook who soughed because of his action.  As if he can threaten Jungkook, he is still not that strong to threaten Jungkook.

Edited
October 22, 2021