02

Billie's POV

After a leisurely 30-minute drive, we pull up to the charming restaurant. I yearn for Evo to wake up from her nap, so I gently pat her shoulders, whispering, "Babe, it's time to get up. We're here."

Half-awake, she whines, "Are we here already?" I reassure her, "Yes, baby. Now, get up so we can go to the restaurant."

As she fixes herself, a smile spreads across her face, and she pecks my lips with affections

-

-Evo's POV

Billie disrupts my peaceful nap, and I'm greeted with his warm hand opening the car door. she holds my hand for support as we navigate the pavement, my annoyance amplified by the heels I foolishly chose over sneakers.

"You're such a gentlewoman, babe," I tease, earning a cute chuckle.

"I know," Billie proudly replies, his hands resting on my hips.

The waiter interrupts our moment, asking for our names. "Billie O'Connell," she confidently replies. We follow the waiter to our seats.

"What can I get for you?" the waiter queries.

"A Caprese salad with pesto sauce," I ordered. Billie opts for pasta carbonara. We both choose lemon drop Martinis.

As our food arrives, time slips away, and the night unfolds.

-

Billie's POV

The night was meant for a surprise. I had planned to propose after dinner, but doubt clouds my mind.

"What if I'm not ready? What if she says no?"

Lost in my thoughts, Evo snaps her fingers, bringing me back to reality.

"Billie, are you okay?" Without hesitation, I kneel, open a box, and ask,

"Will you marry me?"

Regret immediately floods me.

But Evo's happy, I saw a smile in her face.

Conflicted and regretful, I fake happiness, determined to keep her joy intact.

-

-Evo's POV

Billie's distant gaze worries me. "Are you okay?" I ask, snapping my fingers in front of her face. She kneels and stumbles through, "Will you marry me, Evo?" Confused, I ask, "Wait, what?"  Trying to make sure I heard what I heard.

Billie stammers through, "Will you marry me?" I smiled when I realized what was really happening.

Without any hesitation

I say yes,

but her hesitation perplexes me. She puts the ring on, and I hug her, sensing something amiss.

Confusion lingers, but what can I say  I love this girl to death, and the ring finds its place.

It all happened so fast

-

Billie's POV

I'm lost in my thoughts, regretting my hasty decision. I pretend to be happy for Evi, kissing her back to conceal my unease. Despite my internal struggle, I vow to make her happy.

In the end, I love Evo, Do I really tho? and though unprepared, I'll do my best for her happiness.

-

A/N:

Short chapter:)

Better short than nothing (just to make myself feel better for updating such a small chapter...this isn't me)