24

BILLIE'S POV

Today is the day I get to hang out with my babygirl, and I'm very excited.

"Fin," I shout.

"What?"

"I'm gonna hang out with Evo today. I'll be back later," I say.

"Okay, be careful, Bil," he says, kissing my forehead. I nod in response.

I make my way to the car and drive to the café where Evo and I are going to meet.

A few minutes into the ride, my phone vibrates. Evo is calling me. I chuckle and answer immediately.

INCOMING CALL

Billie: Hey, Evo.

Evo: Oh hey, Bil. I'm already here at the café.

Billie: Okay, okay. I'm literally two minutes away.

Evo: Okay, bye. See you later.

End of call.

I'm shaking right now. I don't know what to do. I'm about to see the love of my life again.

A few minutes later, I arrive at some random café, park my car, and quickly head inside.

I make my way toward the café door. I see my baby again.

She's so beautiful, like I want to kiss her and make love to her again.

I approach her and give her a smile.

"Hey, Bil," Evo says, hugging me.

"Hey, Evo. Did you take your order already?" I ask.

"No, I waited for you," she says.

"Okay, let's take our order."

We move toward the cashier and order.

"What do you want, Evo?" I ask.

"Hmm, I just want some fries and Carbonara."

"Okay, can I get two large fries, one carbonara, and a burrito, please?" I say to the cashier.

"What about your drinks, ma'am?" The cashier asks.

"Just some lemonade," I say.

"It'll be $27.59," the cashier says.

Evo quickly takes her card and gives it to the cashier, but I quickly take Evo's card and give mine instead.

"It's on me," I say, giving her card back.

"Okay, but I'm paying for the next one, though," she says, smiling.

I'm very happy she wants to hang out with me more.

"Okay, ma'am, you can sit over there," the cashier says, pointing to a table, "while we're preparing your order."

We make our way to the table. I quickly take the chair so Evo can sit first.

"Thank you," she mumbles.

I sit on the other side of the table facing her.

"Hey, Bil," she says.

"Yes, ba-Evo," I cut myself off.

"Sorry about the other day," she says.

"Why are you sorry? You've never done anything bad to me," I say, slightly laughing.

"No, it's not that. I'm sorry because I forgot who you are, that's why you cried at the mall," she says.

"It's okay, Evo. It's not a big deal," I say.

"So how do you know me? Are we friends back in LA?" she asks.

"Uh, yeah," I stutter, looking down.

"So I guess, let's just create new memories," she says.

The waiter interrupts, placing our food on the table.

(Timeskip after eating)

"Where do you want to go?" I ask.

"I know some park near here; maybe we can hang out there," she says.

"Okay," I say in a baby voice.

"You're cute," she says.

"Anyways, do you have your car?" I ask.

"No, I don't have it. I took an Uber because I'm tired of driving," Evo says.

"Good. Let's go to my car," I say, leading the way.

(Another timeskip because I'm lazy AF)

We arrive at the park, sit on a bench near the fountain, and talk about some things.

I want to ask her, what happened to her? Why did she forget me? I can't control myself; I quickly blurt out asking her that question.

"What happened to you? Why did you forget things?" I ask.

EVO POV

"What happened to you? Why did you forget things?" Billie asks.

I stare into her ocean eyes and smile.

"You know what? Three years ago, my ex-fiancé proposed to me," I say, looking deep into her eyes. She quickly turns her face, facing the ground.

"T-then what happened?" she stutters.

"My dumb-ass self said yes to her," I say, starting to tear up.

"My friends say that her name was William O'Connell; she's a girl, and my friends say that after William proposed to me, she started acting different," I say, crying.

"Oh," that's all Billie says and continues to listen to me.

"My best friend said one week before our wedding, I called her because I wanted to hang out. Yes, we hung out, but they said that all I did there was cry and cry because my fiancé was being distant to me," I say.

BILLIE POV

Shit, she's telling me the story about our wedding. Is it possible that it's my fault she forgot things?

"My best friend said one week before our wedding, I called her because I wanted to hang out. Yes, we hung out, but they said that all I did there was cry and cry because my fiancé was being distant to me," she says.

I don't know what to say; I just continue to listen to her, and she starts crying.

"That's okay, Evo," I say.

"And finally, our wedding day has come, but when the priest asked her if she wanted a life with me, she quickly ran," Evo says, sobbing into my arms.

Guilt quickly flashes on my face. I didn't know that's what she felt. I'm so dumb for leaving her that day.

"So why do you forget things?" I ask.