16

Ady's POV
~at the Airport~

Sitting in the airport lobby, awaiting our Canada-bound flight, Dave showed me something when I heard my name.

"Adyyyyy," someone shouted, dragging the 'Y.' I turned to see Zoe, one of Billie's best friends.

"Oh, shit!" I cursed internally.

Zoe approached, smiling cheesily. "Hey, Zoe, how are you?" I asked.

"I'm good, how about you?" she inquired.

"I'm good too. What brings you here?" I smiled back.

"Just got back from shooting a film in New York," she explained.

Zoe then noticed Evo beside me. "Hi, Evo, how are you?" Zoe asked.

"Um... I'm sorry, do I know you?" Evo asked, puzzled.

"Oh, come on, Evo. We've been friends since we were five, but now you've forgotten about me? I'm hurt. I'm sorry for what happened at the wedding, but I'm just her friend; I didn't even know what happened to that person," Zoe said, mocking.

"If you wanted to forget Bil-" she began, but I cut her off.

"Sorry to cut you off, Zoe, but can I talk to you privately, please?" I asked nervously.

"Sure, we'll be back, Evo," Zoe said.

In the nearest bathroom, I explained, "Evo doesn't remember you."

"What? You're joking, right?" Zoe asked, confused.

"No, I'm not. Evo had an accident after the wedding, causing her to forget everything, including her identity," I explained.

"Oh! I'm so sorry. Does Billie know about this?" she inquired.

"That's the thing. We're flying Evo to Canada for her to heal. Even if she can't remember Billie, she cries every night, traumatized by what we told her about the wedding. So, please don't tell Billie about it; I'm begging you, Zoe," I pleaded.

"Don't worry, I'll keep my mouth shut," she assured.

"One last thing, Evo is pregnant," I revealed. Zoe's eyes widened.

"What! Pregnant?" Zoe stammered.

"Yes, she is. Please keep it quiet, even from Billie's parents. You can visit us in Canada anytime; I'll text you the address," I said.

"Did Billie know about the pregnancy, and if not, would you tell her?" Zoe asked.

"Billie doesn't know, and if Evo remembers everything, she'll decide if she wants Billie in their child's life," I explained.

"I understand. I promise I'll keep my mouth shut. Can I talk to Evo for one last time?" she asked.

"Sure, that's not a problem," I said, leading us back to Evo.

-
Evo's POV
~earlier~

-

A familiar girl approached me at the airport, asking, "Hi, Evo, how are you?"

"Um... I'm sorry, do I know you?" I asked, confused.

"Oh, come on, Evo. We've been friends since we were five, but now you've forgotten about me? I'm hurt. I'm sorry for what happened at the wedding, but I'm just her friend; I didn't even know what happened to that person," she said, making fun of my ex-fiancé.

"Sorry to cut you off, Zoe, but can I talk to you privately, please?" Ady nervously asked.

"Sure, we'll be back, Evo," Zoe said, and Ady led her into the nearest bathroom.

After their discussion, they returned, and Zoe apologized for bringing up Billie. "That's okay; I'll be fine," I reassured her.

"I'm Zoe, a friend of your ex-fiancé. Well, not anymore because of what she did to you. I'm sorry about what happened," Zoe introduced herself.

"That's okay," I replied.

"So, what are you feeling right now?" she asked, concerned.

"I'm good, but it's hard. I can't remember anything, but what William did to me hurts, even if I don't remember her," I said, chuckling slightly.

"It hurts a lot. Sometimes I question myself: What did I do to deserve this treatment? Am I not enough for her?" I started tearing up.

"Don't cry, Evo. You're enough. William is dumb for hurting the love of her life," Zoe comforted, giving me a quick hug.

As we prepared to board Flight 67 from LA to Canada, Dave interrupted, "Sorry to interrupt, but we need to go now."

Zoe wiped away tears and said, "I guess this is goodbye?"

"Well, not goodbye, but see you soon," I said, hugging Zoe one last time. After saying our goodbyes, we headed to our assigned seats inside the plane.

Goodbye, LA.