20

Evo's POV

3 YEARS LATER

I'm delighted to have a supportive squad helping me through this. Although my memory remains elusive, I find contentment in the present, surrounded by loving friends and my adorable daughter, who turns 3 tomorrow.

Yes, she's about to turn three. We've navigated the past three years without William, and it's painful when Vall asks about her father. I struggle to answer because beyond a name, I know little about him.

In the office, Alex, Ady's younger sister, babysits Vall. Over the past five years, Zoe and Drew visit from LA to Canada monthly. Vall bonds with them, especially Dave, who takes her to various parks.

Today is May 15th, and we're planning a birthday party for Val. She wants to invite classmates and friends.

"Mommy, can I invite my friends?" Vall asks.

"Sure, baby. You can invite your classmates too."

"Thank you, Mommy."

Vall is in kindergarten now, displaying intelligence and talent. She plays the piano and has a great voice.

Alex is helping me organize the party since Dave and Ady are in Singapore, returning tomorrow for Val's birthday. Zoe and Drew are due in five hours.

To prepare, I decided to go to the mall with Vall's trusted babysitter.

"Hey baby, we're going to the mall. You stay with your babysitter. We'll be back in 2 hours," I tell Vall.

"Okay, Mommy. Can you please buy some gummy bears?"

"Sure, love," I reply, smiling.

"Thank you, Mommy. I love you."

"Love you too," I say, kissing his forehead.

At the mall with Alex, she's engrossed in her phone.

"Hey, Alex, what's going on?" I ask.

"Do you remember that Billie Eilish girl?" she says.

"Yeah, the one you're obsessed with," I laugh.

"She's in the mall now, and I might see her or take a picture," Alex says, excited.

"Fine, but just for 5 minutes. We're here for Val's birthday, not random artists," I say, laughing.

"Thank you, EVO. I love you," Alex says, kissing my cheeks.

At the mall, many people are taking pictures of Billie Eilish.

"EVO, I'll be back in five minutes. I'll just take a picture of Billie," Alex says.

"Go ahead, be back in 5. I'll wait here," I say, hugging her.

-

Billie's POV

I'm in Canada after a show, exploring malls alone. Bodyguards accompany me, but the crowd is overwhelming. Among fans, a 15-year-old girl with a camera catches my attention.

I motion for her to come.

"Me?!" she mouths.

"Yes, you," I say.

She hugs me tightly, expressing gratitude for saving her life. We take pictures, and she introduces herself as Alex. I ask who she is with because she's too young wondering around all alone.

She points to a random store, and when I turn, I freeze. I see her -

EVO, the love of my life.

She's standing there infront of me

The girl I lost 5 years ago

Is this for real?

Alex interrupted my thoughts "She's beautiful isn't she?" She whisperedand I nodded in response.

I'm ecstatic, but EVO doesn't seem to notice. Determined, I approached her.

"I'll give you some space," Alex winks, running away.

"Hi EVO, long time no see. I-I missed you," I stutter.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Do I know you?" EVO asks.

"Do I know you," echoes in my mind. My heart shatters as she doesn't remember me.

"I'm Billie. You don't remember me?" I ask.

"Sorry, but I don't remember you or a name like Billie. I'm so sorry," she says.

I bite my tongue, holding back tears. She doesn't remember me.

-

EVO's POV

EARLIER

I see Alex dragging some random girl towards me. The girl looks beautiful, with ocean eyes and green-rooted hair. She seems so familiar, and I can't help but think she resembles my baby Vall.

Alex whispers to her and winks. "Hi, EVO, long time no see. I-I missed you," she stutters. She knows my name; what the heck?

"Oh, I'm so sorry. Do I know you?" I ask.

"I'm Billie. You don't remember me?" she asks. "Sorry, but I don't remember you, and the name Billie, to be exact. I'm so sorry," I say.

She starts to tear up, trying to hold back her tears. I hug her tightly so she can cry on me. When she hugs me, it feels like I'm with the right person.

"I'm so sorry, but I cannot remember you," I say, hugging her.

"That's okay," she says, letting go of me.

"I'm sorry, but I gotta go. We have something to organize," I say.

"Yeah, that's okay. Can I have your Instagram?" she asks.

"Oh, I don't have Instagram. I'm not active on social media at all," I say.

"Ohhh, sorry," she says.

"You can take my number," I offer.

"You'll give your number to me?!" she says in shock. "Yeah, I want to get to know you. You're interesting," I say.

She gives me her phone, and I quickly dial my number. I give her phone back.

"I'm so sorry, but I really have to go. Maybe we can hang out soon," I say.

"Yeah, sure. Thank you," she says, kissing my cheek. My eyes widen when she does that, and butterflies erupt in my stomach. I feel love when she kisses me.

I quickly run from her and find Alex in some random stores.

"Hey Alex, who's that?" I ask, referring to the girl who kissed my cheek earlier.

"That's Billie Eilish. She's so interested in you. And it's been five years; you don't have a girlfriend. Maybe she will be the one for you," Alex says, winking.

"Stop it, bozo," I say, blushing.

"Oh, someone's blushing," she says.

"Whatever, let's just buy the things we need"

We make our way to some random stores and buy the things we need for the party. I can't forget about the girl I hugged about earlier.

I don't know why I hugged her, but I feel she needed it. I don't know the reason for her crying; maybe it's me because I don't remember her.

My squad hasn't mentioned a girl named Billie to me. Perhaps she's a friend from back in LA, but we're not close enough.

I just don't know; I feel a strong connection with that girl, and she's so beautiful. She has plump lips that I wanted to kiss. Stop, EVO; don't fall in love with a straight girl. You'll be broken again.