05

Evo's POV:

I woke up feeling unwell, snuggling into the other side of the bed, craving Billie's warmth. It's empty. Billie isn't here. As I sat down, searching for my phone, I found a note on the table beside our bed.

-

Dear Evo,

Hey, baby! Good morning. I'm out with Finneas finishing some songs. Sorry I'm not there when you woke up. I got up early due to a call from my manager. Don't worry; I ate breakfast and cooked for you. Just microwave it. Call me when you read this. I love you, baby.

Love, Billie.

-

A smile spread across my face as I read the note. I quickly dialed Billie's number, and she answered after two rings.

"Good morning, love," Billie greeted.

"Good morning, baby. Thanks for the note and breakfast," I replied.

"Not a problem, babe. Can you walk now?" she asked, her smirk evident through the phone.

"I still can't, Bill. It's still hurting," I said.

"Okay, just rest. I'll call you back later. We need to finish the song," she said.

"Okay, I love you," I said.

"I love you too. I'll be at Ady's house at 4; I'll pick you up," she said before hanging up.

I started walking slowly, still unable to walk normally.

At the dining table, I found Ady and her boyfriend having breakfast.

"Hey, what's up, bitch?" Ady greeted.

"I'm good. How about you?" I asked.

"I'm good too. Here's avocado toast and burrito Billie made for you," Ady said, grabbing her purse.

"Where are you going, though?" I asked.

"To my grandmother's house. You have a key, right? Just lock the door if Billie's coming to pick you up," she said, kissing my forehead.

"Okay, have a good day. I love you, bitch," I said.

"I love you too," she laughed.

I devoured the breakfast Billie made, then washed the dishes and cleaned the house, listening to Billie's songs to pass the time.

-

Evo's POV:

Earlier, I woke up to see Evo snuggled into my chest. She looked cute, but I needed to prepare early for a songwriting session with Finneas.

After a call from my manager, I took a shower, got ready, and prepared breakfast for both Evo and me.

When everything was ready, I left a note for Evo, kissed her forehead, and left for Ady's house.

At the studio, I urgently called for Finneas to discuss something important.

"Hey, Fin," I said.

"Hey, Bill. What's the problem?" he asked.

"Can I talk to you in private?" I requested.

"Sure," he said.

"In private?" I asked, and Claudia left the room.

"I proposed to Evo," I confessed, frowning.

"I'm very happy for you, Billie," Finneas said, excited.

"I don't know, Fin. I think I'm not ready," I admitted.

"Why did you propose if you're not ready?" he asked.

"I don't know. My mind told me to, but my heart says not to. I'm not ready, and we're not even public yet. I'm so dumb," I sighed.

"You're stuck now. Do you not want to marry Evo?" Finneas questioned.

"I love her, but I want to wait. I'm not ready," I explained.

"Just tell her you want to get married next year or in the other year," Finneas suggested.

"But she seemed so happy. I don't want to ruin that," I said.

"That's tough, Billie. Don't hurt her. I love you both, but if you break her heart, I won't talk to you," Finneas warned before walking away.

I felt dumb and didn't want to hurt Evo or disappoint my family.

--