14

BILLIE'S POV

I woke up to the sun's sharp gaze on my car's window. "Fuck," I mumbled, holding my head in pain. A hangover, seriously?

After collecting myself, I started the car and drove back to my parents'house. I looked like a mess, with my hair in a messy bun and my makeup ruined by tears.

Arriving in minutes, I knocked on the locked door. My dad opened it with a strong, disgusted glare. "Oh, I thought you're not coming home anymore," Finneas said furiously.

"Please, let me sleep. I'm tired," I mumbled, too exhausted for their nonsense.

"No, we need to talk," my dad declared.

"Billie, you guaranteed us before the wedding that you wouldn't hurt Evo, but look what happened," my mom said in disbelief.

"I'm sorry, Mom. I didn't know what came over me. I want to marry her, but I'm not ready," my voice cracked as I explained.

"You don't know what happened to Evo after you ran away from your wedding," my dad confessed.

"She's a mess without you, Billie. She doesn't have a family; she only has you and us. But now you've wrecked everything. She didn't even answer our calls; I'm sure she doesn't want to see any of us—all because of you," Finneas yelled. What have I done?

"I'm so sorry, guys. I swear I'll do everything to get her back. I still love her very much," I cried.

"You better be, Eilish. I won't talk to you unless you unravel the problem you caused," Finneas announced, still furious, walking back to his room.

I turned to my mom; she quickly stood up and motioned for me to come and hug her. "Mom, I'm so sorry," I murmured while crying.

"Shhhh! It's okay, Billie. I still love you, but please solve this. Evo is like my daughter, and I can't bear losing her," my mom explained, hugging me tightly.

"I know, Mom. I messed everything up. I feel awful for what I've done. I'll do anything and everything to get the love of my life back," I said, uttering a cry.

"You still have an opportunity, Billie. I'm here to assist you," my mom confessed, giving a weak smile.

"Can I borrow your phone, Mom? I'll try to call Evo and ask for forgiveness. My phone is dead," I explained. My mom handed me the phone.

"Thanks, Mom," I said as I quickly dialed Evo's number.

time skip

I called Evo more than twenty times, shot a couple of texts, but she didn't answer. "Mom, she didn't answer. What if she fell out of love with me? I'm so stupid; why did I do that to her?" I mumbled, beginning to overthink.

"Hey, calm down, Bill. Maybe she's still thinking. Just give her time, maybe a week or two before you talk to her again," my mom explained.

"But—" she cut me off. "No more 'buts.' Go take a rest," my mom said.

"Okay, Mom. I'll be in my room if you need me," I mumbled, strolling to my room.

-

ADY'S POV

Evo's phone rang, and it was from Billie's mom. "Dave, Billie's mom is calling. What are we gonna do?" I asked.

"We look selfish for doing this, but I remember Evo saying she doesn't want to talk to Billie and her parents. Let's ignore the call," Dave suggested.

"Yeah, let's do that. That's Evo's request," I whispered.

"So what are we going to do if Evo wakes up from her coma and doesn't remember everything?" Dave inquired.

"I don't know. It seems selfish, but I want to fly Evo to Canada, away from Billie so she can recover from the trauma," I explained.

"I agree; we can always visit LA if she starts to remember everything," Dave asserted.

"Yeah, that's a good idea. When Evo wakes up, I'll book a ticket for the three of us. I have an apartment there, and my family lives there too, so it isn't that much of a problem," I explained.

"When we get there, let's forget about social media and our life here in LA. Let's focus on Evo and the baby. Let's buy her a new phone and keep her old one so if she remembers everything, she can have her old phone back," Dave declared.

After our discussion, Dave went back to Evo's apartment to pack her things and our things as well.

time skip

Dave arrived from our apartment all smiley. "Hey Ady, I'm here," he announced.

"So how's the packing?" I asked jokingly, earning an eye roll from him.

"It's so monotonous. By the way, our things are in the car. If Evo wakes up, we're ready to go," Dave explained, making his way towards me.

"Oh, and I got the new phones too," he added, earning a chuckle from me.

BILLIE'S POV

I entered Evo's apartment hoping to talk to her, just to apologize. I have a spare key, so opening the door isn't a problem. When I finally unlocked it, I noticed all her things were gone—clothes, pictures, everything.

What the actual fuck?

I instantly dialed my mom's number to tell her what I found out. "Mom, Evo's things are not here," I declared openly whimpering.

"What? What do you mean? Where are you?" Mom examined.

"I'm at Evo's apartment; please come here, Mom," I confided, sobbing.

"Okay, I'll be there at 5."

I sat on the couch and cried until my eyes were puffy. After a while, I saw my mom's worried face entering the building.

"Hey, Bill, I'm here."

"Mom, Evo's things are not here. What are we gonna do?" I grumbled, still sobbing heavily.

"Don't cry, Bill. Let's try to call her friends," Mom said, trying to lighten up the mood.

I quickly dialed Ady's number.

I phoned her more than twenty times, but she intentionally hung up the phone. So this time, I decided to call Dave.

Still the same; he didn't answer my calls and texts! What's wrong with these people?

"Mom, what if Evo doesn't want to talk to me anymore? What if she doesn't love me anymore?" I sobbed.

"She loves you; trust me," my mom said, trying to reassure me.

"What are we gonna do now?" I asked.

"Don't worry, Bill; we will find her, I promise," my mom declared.