21

Billie's POV
CANADA TOUR

I feel elation seeing Evo at the mall, yet a twinge of sadness lingers as she seems to have forgotten our shared memories.

How?

What happened?

Did she intentionally erase me from her thoughts? But that’s not how minds work, is it?

These questions race through my mind as I head back to the hotel. My parents are likely packing for our next tour destination, but

I’m not leaving.

I won’t leave.

The love of my life is within reach again, and I won’t let her slip away. As we reach the hotel, I sprint to my room.

Claudia and Finneas are packing, and my parents are enjoying vegan burgers.

“Where have you been-?” My mom begins, but I cut her off.

“I se- I see the love of my life again!” I gasp out of breath.

“What?” Claudia asks, confused.

“I saw Evo at the mall, and I have her number,” I announce.

“Let’s go find her; I miss her and want to talk to her,” Claudia suggests.

“Yeah, let’s go; I want to see her,” Finneas adds, grabbing my hand.

“But we have a problem,” I confess.

“Huh? What problem?” Finneas questions.

“She doesn’t remember me,” I say.

“WHAT?” they both shout.

“She doesn’t remember me,” I repeat, trying to hold back tears.

“How?” Claudia asks.

I recount the encounter at the mall, explaining the girl who took a picture, Evo’s lack of recognition, and her offering her number.

“Oh, Billie, don’t cry. So what’s your plan now?” my mom asks.

“I don’t want to leave her again. If she forgot about me, I want to create new memories with her. I want to make her mine again. I want to marry her again, but I won't mess it up,” I declare.

“You better not, Eilish,” Finneas warns.

“How will you do that?” Claudia inquires.

“I’ll take her on a date and try my best to make her open up to me. I want to know what happened, why she forgot about me, and that can only happen if I stay in Canada,” I explain.

“WHAT?” Finneas questions.

“I’ll stay here, Fin. I want to be with her again. I don’t care about the tour or my career. We’ll continue to write and release songs, but I want to stay here. You can go back to L.A. if you want, but I'm staying. I’ll rent an apartment here,” I decide.

“We understand, Billie. But if there’s a chance for you two to be lovers again, do you want to tell her about the past?” Finneas asks.

“Yes, I will not lie to her, but I’ll make sure she trusts me again before revealing the past,” I assure.

“That’s good, Billie. Just wait for the right time,” Claudia advises.

“So when can we see her?” Finneas wonders.

“I don’t know when, but I promise you guys, you’ll see her again, and she’ll be part of this family again,” I promise.

“That’s the Billie we lost three years ago,” Finneas says, hugging me.

“We’ll support you, Billie. We love you,” Dad chimes in.

“I didn’t know you were here, Dad,” I laugh.

“I wanted to interrupt you guys earlier, but I couldn’t talk, so I managed to say that without cutting off your words,” Dad chuckles.

“Group hug!” I declare, and we all form a circle, embracing each other.

-

Evo’s POV

We’ve finished buying some essential things for the party and head back home.

“I’m sorry for teasing you about Billie earlier,” Alex apologizes.

“Don’t be sorry; she’s beautiful, you know.”

“Does she have a chance with you? Vall turns 3 tomorrow; maybe you could find someone else besides William,” Alex suggests.

“I think so. I feel a strong connection between us. Can I ask you something?” I inquire.

“Yeah, sure!”

“Don’t mention anything about what happened at the mall earlier to Zoe, Drew, Dave, and your sister. I don’t want them to worry about me. You know they’ll be concerned about my feelings. If Billie and I might have a thing in the future, and if I’m sure about my feelings for Billie and she’s sure about me, then I’ll introduce her to them,” I explain.

“I’ll keep my mouth shut because I love you,” Alex promises.

“Thank you, and I love you too.”

A few minutes into the road, my phone starts to ring.

“Hey, EVO, you have a call; it’s Zoe,” Alex says.

“Can you please answer it for me? I don’t want to crash the car,” I laugh.

“Okay.”

(Timeskip after the call)

“Bye, Zoe, see you later,” Alex says, hanging up the call.

“What did she say?” I ask.

“Zoe said they already picked up Vall from her babysitter, so we don’t need to bother picking her up anymore, and they’ve already arrived.”

“That’s good.”

(Another timeskip – I’m lazy AF)

When we arrive, Zoe and Drew run towards me.

“Hey, I’ve missed you,” Zoe says, hugging me tight.

“Well, what can I say? I missed you too,” I replied.

“By the way, when did you arrive? I thought you wouldn’t be here till 5 p.m.,” I ask.

“We changed our minds; we can’t wait to see Vall. It’s been 2 months without seeing her, and it’s killing me,” Drew says.

“Yeah, Vall always complains about you guys; she misses you too very much,” I say.

“So where are the things you bought? We’ll help decorate,” Zoe suggests.

“At the trunk. I’ll go talk to Vall first. By the way, where’s Vall?” I ask.

“She’s in her room playing,” Drew shouts.

I make my way towards Vall’s room and knock.

“Come in, whoever knocked at my door,” she says. I smile at her goofiness.

Once I open the door, I see her playing with some new toys. I don’t know where she got them because I haven’t bought her those toys.

“What are you playing, baby? That’s new,” I say, pointing to her new toys.

“Yeah, Auntie Zoe and Auntie Drew brought this for me. It’s so beautiful, Mommy,” she exclaims.

“Oh, yeah, I’ll talk to you later. I’ll have to talk to your aunties,” I say, kissing her forehead. She nods in response.

What the? I already talked to them about spoiling Vall. They always spoil Vall. Zoe and Drew always buy her new and expensive toys. Ady and Dave also spoil her, but not with toys; they spoil her with designer clothes.

I run back to the living room where Zoe and Drew have started decorating.

“Hey, guys, can I talk to you for a second?” I ask.

“Sure! What’s the problem, EVO?” Zoe asks.

“It’s not a problem; it’s just how you spoil Vall. I don’t like knowing that you guys spend your money buying her expensive toys,” I say.

“Money is not a problem, EVO. We buy her toys because we love her and want to show her how much we care,” Zoe says, while Drew nods.

“Guys, Vall already knows how much you love her. You don’t need to show her because she can feel it,” I say.

“Yeah, we know, EVO. We just love Vall very much,” Drew says.

“But—” I’m cut off by Zoe.

“No ‘buts,’ EVO. We will spoil your kid whether you like it or not,” Zoe declares.

“Okay, but please don’t spend a lot of money,” I say, laughing.

“We can’t promise,” Drew says, laughing too.

These girls will be the death of me, but what can I say? They just love spoiling Vall very much.

A/N: Hope you like this chapter, guys. Love y’all.