12

Billie's Pov
~earlier

"Are you kidding me?" Evo asked, tears streaming down her face.

"No Evo, I can't," I said, sprinting towards the imposing church doors.

Our guests stared at me in disbelief. I turned my gaze to Finneas and my parents, who sighed in disappointment.

Swiftly, I hopped into my car, sped to the local grocery store, bought some liquor, and hit the road again. Eventually, I found myself at the beach, drowning my sorrows in alcohol and weed.

My phone incessantly rang with calls from Finneas and my parents, but I ignored them, drowning myself further in despair.

I felt stupid, questioning why I had hurt the love of my life. Hours passed, and I finally stopped hearing my phone's relentless ringing. I ended up sleeping in the car's passenger seat, avoiding the thought of returning home.

An hour later, it was 10 in the evening. My phone buzzed again, but this time it wasn't my parents; it was an unknown number. Ignoring it, I continued to numb my pain.

--

Evo's POV
-earlier

As Billie rushed away, I followed, but Ady and Dave intercepted me.

I sat in a corner, crying, as our guests bid their farewells.

"Am I not worth it? Am I not good enough?" I shouted, tears still flowing.

"No, Evo, you are worth it," Ady reassured, offering a comforting hug.

"Come here, Evo," Dave beckoned, motioning for a hug.

"Then why? Why did she leave me?" I cried in Dave's embrace.

Finneas, Claudia, and Billie's parents approached, offering hugs and apologies.

"We're so sorry, Evo. We don't know what happened to Billie," Maggie said.

"It's not your fault, guys," I replied through tears.

"I can't forgive Billie for what she did to you," Finneas declared.

"No, guys, please forgive Billie. She's a part of your family," I pleaded.

Claudia hugged me tightly, and silence lingered.

"I'm so sorry, Evo. Billie is being dumb for not wanting to marry you," Patrick said, and I nodded in response.

"I want to go home."

"We don't want you to be alone," Maggie said.

"She's not going to be alone. Ady and I will be here for Evo," Dave assured.

"So, I guess I'll see you guys tomorrow," Maggie said. We all nodded in agreement.

"I'll drive," Ady offered.

"Okay," Dave accepted.

Time Skip

We reached my house. Dave gently placed me on the couch, while Ady went to the kitchen for water. My breathing became labored; damn asthma.

"Evo, what happened?" Dave asked with concern.

"I can't breathe," I gasped.

"Where's your inhaler?" Ady asked.

I pointed to my purse. Ady retrieved it, and as she cleaned up my scattered belongings, her eyes fixated on a tissue-wrapped object – a pregnancy test.

"What's this?" she questioned.

"Give it to me," I snapped, attempting to snatch it away.

"Not until you tell me what this is," she insisted.

"It's a pregnancy test, you idiot," I replied angrily.

"Are you-" she started, but I cut her off.

"Yes, I am, and it's Billie's baby," I admitted, tears flowing again.

"We're so sorry, Evo," Ady said.

"What's your plan for the baby? Do you want to tell Billie?" Dave inquired.

"I don't know, but for now, I don't want to see Billie's face. I want to be away from everyone connected to Billie, including her brother and parents," I explained.

"Okay, we understand," Ady said.

After a few minutes, I felt sleepy. I slept on the couch with Dave and Ady nearby.

--

A click echoed from the door, and I saw Evo, still in her wedding gown, attempting to sneak out.

"Hey, Evo, where are you going? You have to sleep; it's late," Ady said, but I continued to walk to my car.

"I'm okay, Ady. I just need to think," I replied.

"Wait, I'll co-" I was cut off by the sound of Evo's car roaring out of the driveway.

-
Ady's Pov

"Fuck," I muttered, heading back to wake up Dave.

"Dave, wake up, please," I said.

"What?" he whined.

"Evo left," I informed him.

"WHAT? WHERE DID SHE GO?" he shouted.

"Jeez, don't shout," I said.

"I'm serious, Ady," he insisted.

"I don't know, but she said she needed to think," I replied.

-

Evo's POV

I sped away, not allowing Ady to finish her sentence. Honestly, I didn't know where I was going. The earlier memories were replayed in my mind.

~ Flashback ~

"I can't," she said.

"Are you joking right?" I asked.

"No, Evo, I can't," Billie said.

~ End of Flashback ~

My vision blurred as tears streamed down my face. Lost in my thoughts, I lost consciousness, and everything went black.