17

BILLIE'S POV

It's been a week since I saw Evi. I miss her so much. I regret all my decisions and plan to get Evo back into my life. I don't know where to find her; she doesn't answer my calls or respond to texts from her two best friends.

Finneas and my dad are distant since the wedding. The only person who talks to me is my mom; he's helping me find Evo. Seeing Finneas finally leave his room after the wedding, I decide to talk to him.

"Hey, Fin," I said.

"What do you want?" she responded annoyed.

"Listen, Fin, I'm sorry for what happened. I'm trying my best to get her back," I said.

"I understand you, Billie, but I'm worried about Evo. She didn't answer my calls or texts. Even Claudia's messages got no response. I love you, but what you did to Evo was a huge mistake. I warned you not to expect my help if you did something dumb," Finneas said, tearing up.

"I know, and I feel guilty for what I've done," I admitted.

"You're so selfish, Billie. You knew breaking up with her would devastate her. She didn't just lose a girlfriend; she lost a family. She thinks she doesn't belong now that you're not in her life," Finneas said, crying.

"How do you know?" I asked.

"The night before the wedding, she told me she's grateful for you because you're not just a girlfriend but family. Now, she feels like she has neither," Finneas explained, grabbing water and returning to her room.

I'm overwhelmed with guilt. I want to find her and apologize, but I don't know where she could be.

TIMESKIP
CANADA
-
Evo's POV
-

After a few hours of plane ride, we arrive in Canada, greeted by a 13-year-old and a 40-year-old girl. Ady introduces me and Dave to her mom and sister, Alex.

"Nice to meet you, but I forgot your name," I admit to Ady's mom.

"I'm Alice," she replies.

In the car, we discuss why we're in Canada—Evo's recovery from an accident post-wedding with amnesia and her pregnancy. Alice offers support.

"Your ex-fiance is the father?" Alice asks.

"Yeah, but I don't want to involve her. It's better to keep the baby away from her," I decide.

TIME SKIP
8 MONTHS LATER (huge timeskip ik)

We've found a huge house in Canada with six bedrooms. Ady, Dave, Alex, and Alice help run our makeup and clothing line business. I'm eight months pregnant with a little girl, excited for a new start and to forget about my past.

I promise not to date until my baby turns three, haunted by the memories of the past eight months. Drew and Zoe visit monthly, introducing me to Drew's friend. They all have a room in our house. We avoid talking about William, but Drew mentions she's looking for me. I can't face William now; the pain of her not wanting to marry me still lingers.