30

Zoe's Pov

As we arrived at the restaurant for dinner with Evo and her supposed girlfriend, curiosity buzzed in us. I prayed Evo's partner wasn't another jerk like Billie. We didn't mind her dating, but I couldn't bear to see her heartbroken again.

"Did Evo mention who she's dating?" Drew inquired.

"Honestly, she kept it under wraps. I just hope this time around she finds happiness," Ady replied.

"Guys, we shouldn't meddle in who she loves," Dave interjected.

"True, but our support matters," I added.

"We're here, guys. Let me call Evo," Dave said.

-

Dave's Pov

EVO: Hey, where are you guys? 
DAVE: We're already here. Where are you? We don't see your car. 
EVO: I didn't drive. I sent the driver to pick it up. 
DAVE: Come to us; we're outside. 
EVO: On my way.

End of call

-

Zoe's Pov

Evo approached us with a beaming smile.

"Hey, guys," she greeted, embracing each of us.

"Hey, Evo. Where's Val?" Ady inquired.

"She's with my girlfriend," Evo replied.

"What?! Congratulations, Evo! We're thrilled for you," Dave exclaimed.

"Yeah, we're really happy for you," I said, planting a kiss on Evo's forehead.

"So, where's your girlfriend? We're eager to meet her," Dave asked.

"She's inside with her family," Evo answered.

As we headed to our table, I spotted a girl with green hair.

Oh, shit.

It was Billie.

My eyes widened, but she hadn't noticed me since her back was turned.

Wait, Billie is the one Evo's been dating?

I squeezed Drew's hand, unsure how Billie would react when she found out we'd deceived her. What were we going to do? I wanted to hide, but I didn't know where or how.

-

Ady's Pov

As we followed Evo, I spotted a girl with green hair, but her back turned to us, so I couldn't see her face. She was with Vall, so I assumed she was Evo's girlfriend.

"Hey guys, meet my friends," Evo said.

The girl turned her face towards us, and to my surprise, it was Billie! My eyes widened at the sight of her; there was nervousness in her eyes.

"She's dating Billie?" Dave whispered loudly.

"I guess so, but let's not freak out. We're here to support Evo," I said, smiling. "If Evo can forgive Billie, why can't we?"

"Wait, where's Zoe and Drew?" I asked, scanning the area for them.

I spotted them trying to hide their faces in their hoodies. I made my way towards them and patted their backs.

"It's going to be okay," I reassured Zoe, who seemed very nervous.

"I hope so," Drew whispered

-

Billie's Pov

"Hey guys, meet my friends," Evo said.

When I turned my head towards Evo, I saw her two best friends, Ady and Dave, whispering to each other as usual. I felt nervous facing them; what if they didn't approve of Evo and me getting back together? After a few seconds of spacing out, I noticed two figures behind Ady and Dave. My eyes widened when I saw Zoe and Drew.