25

BILLIE’S POV

“Why do you forget things?” I manage to ask, silently crying.

“After she ran away, my friends said that I couldn’t stop screaming my lungs out at the church. They finally decided to take me home, but my dumb self is a bitch,” she chuckled while crying.

“They said I ran back to my car and drove fast, and that’s when I got into an accident,” she explained.

“What?!” I shouted.

“Chill, Bill,” she said.

“Sorry, but what? I can’t believe what I heard.”

“I got into an accident, that’s why I couldn’t remember many things, and now I’m still alive but suffering from amnesia,” she said, smiling.

“I’m so sorry, Evo,” I said, guilt flashing through my whole body.

“No, don’t be sorry. It’s not your fault,” Evo said, unaware that I’m the one she’s talking about. The guilt runs through my whole body, and I hug her tightly, continuing to sob.

“Thank you for comforting me, Bill. I appreciate it,” she said.

“You’re welcome.”

“Where’s your house? I can drive you back because it’s getting late.”

“Oh, I’m not going home now. Actually, I’m about to go to work. I have a meeting with my friends,” she said.

“Okay, let’s go to your work,” I said, leading our way towards the car.

“Just put the address here, babe,” I said, handing her the GPS. She took it and entered the address.

A few minutes on the road, we arrive at an extremely big building, about 50 floors.

“So you work here?” I asked while parking the car.

“Hmm, yeah,” she replied.

“So, what’s your work here?” I inquired.

“Actually, we own this building. My friends and I started our business three years ago after the wedding happened. They brought me here because they wanted me to forget about the past,” she explained.

“Oh, so you’re the boss,” I said, smiling.

“Hahaha, maybe,” she replied.

I open my door and run to her side, quickly opening her door.

“Thank you,” she said.

“I’ve had so much fun today, EVO. Maybe we can hang out again?” I asked.

“Sure, sure. I’ve had a lot of fun too,” she said, staring into my eyes.

-

EVO’S POV

I stared into her eyes, and she quickly stared back. Oh gosh, I can’t resist those beautiful ocean eyes.

I don’t know what got into me, but I quickly leaned in and kissed her lips. She kissed back, and butterflies erupted into my stomach, my heart beating fast.

After that 10-second kiss that felt like 5 minutes, we pulled away, catching our breath.

“I-I’m so sorry. I don’t know what got into me,” I quickly apologized.

“No, don’t apologize. I liked it,” she said, grabbing my cheeks and kissing my lips again.

After we pulled away, I stared into her eyes.