28

Evo’s POV

“Yes, Bil, for one last time, I want to be yours again,” I said.

She quickly hugged me tight and kissed my lips. We continued to make out until I heard a small voice speaking up.

“Eww, mommy! I thought you said don’t talk to strangers, so why are you kissing her? You said she’s not your girlfriend,” Vall said with a bit of attitude.

Billie and I chuckled at her cuteness. “Is someone jealous?” I teased.

“No, mommy, I’m not jealous,” she pouted.

“Come here, baby,” I said, kissing her cheeks.

“So, what’s your name?” Vall asked, referring to Billie. Damn, this girl’s got some attitude, huh?

“I’m Billie,” Billie said.

“Is my mom your girlfriend? Because as far as I know, friends don’t kiss,” Vall asked Billie. This child is something else, though.

“Hmm, baby, I’ll tell you something. Come, sit on the bench,” she said, motioning for Vall to join us. As Vall sat between us, I continued, “What’s the problem, mommy? I saw you crying earlier. Is Billie hurting you?” Vall asked, showing her protectiveness.

“No, baby, she’s not,” I reassured her.

“So, what’s the problem?” she persisted.

“Last night, you asked me why your classmates have two parents and why you only have one, right?” I asked.

“Yeah, I remember, mommy,” she said.

“I promised last night that I would introduce you to her. So, I wanted you to meet her,” I said, smiling.

“Where is she, mommy?” Vall said, smiling ear to ear, eager to meet her other parent.

“What are you finding, baby?” I asked.

“My other parent. I can’t see her, mommy. Where is she?” Vall said, turning her head side to side.

“She’s right here, sweetie,” I said.

“Where, mommy?” Vall asked, landing her eyes on Billie.

Vall’s eyes widened when she finally realized what I was saying.

“Is BILLIE my other parent?” she asked.

“Yes, sweetie,” I confirmed.

She quickly ran and hugged Billie. Billie kissed her forehead while tears welled up in her eyes.

“I’m your other parent, sweetie!” Billie said.

Vall cried on Billie’s shoulder.

“Why are you crying, love?” Billie asked.

“I’m just happy because I found my other parent,” Vall said.

“I’m here, sweetie. I’ll not leave you again. I’m so sorry for hurting your mom before,” Billie said.

“It’s okay, Billie. I love you,” Vall said.

I couldn’t help but cry seeing how Billie interacted with her daughter. Billie mouthed “thank you,” and I just nodded, wiping my tears.

“Can I call you mama?” Vall asked Billie.

“Oh, sure, baby. I would love to,” Billie said.

BILLIE’S POV

I can’t believe I’m holding my daughter. It’s like I’m floating in the sky, and I’m the luckiest girl in the world.

“Can I call you mama?” Vall asked.